Basketball - Tnt Looks A Lot Better!

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
When TNT shows "Law & Order" for the 3 zillionth time in that stupid Standard Definition 4X3 format and stretches it to 16X9 and calls it HD I cringe and wonder why VOOM even bothered to take the service. But tonight they are showing 2 NBA games in REAL HD and boy does that look better. First there was Dallas vs. Miami and now it's Detroit vs. Denver. This looks a lot better TNT. Why can't you do all your programming in REAL HD?

Hmm...it sure looked liked HD in my living room. Either that or the most crystal clear, lifelike EDTV I've ever seen. I absolutely hate EDTV; it's like the ultimate tease.

All NBA game on TNT-HD are "true" HD (1080i & DD5.1). So far, the only exception was last week (I beleive it was Thursday) there was a game that momentarily switched to the upconverted/streched SD feed due to technical problems.
If you want to see the difference, try NBA games on ESPN-HD, those are upconverted.

Walter L

Thanks for the Email Voom in the bottom of you message i told them i would love all those channels and more i hope Voom could listen to us and add channels before Christmas. :D

I was beginning to wonder if TNT actually had HD Broadcast Origination capabilities or could only "carry" HD. I noticed last night (Thursday Nov. 18th) that they originated a sports desk panel between the 2 NBA games in HD. Now, if they would only get the HD versions of TV series and theatrical films they would be doing great. Come on Ted, spend the money. (Does Ted Turner still own TNT??)

Tvlman said:
I noticed last night (Thursday Nov. 18th) that they originated a sports desk panel between the 2 NBA games in HD.
The studio broadcast has been in HD for all of the games that I've watched on TNT so far this year. They just need to get a babe to sit in between Charles and Kenny... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts