Bastard on Ebay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Who in this forum would have wanted either a 3000/3500 :) or 4000?

You can get a ton of $$$ for 6000s and dishplayer 7100/7200s on ebay cuz they are valuable to the "dark side" of satellite users :)

The rev of a card actually shows up in the system info. It says something like dnaspXXX revXXX. As someone else said, it doesnt really matter to normal people.

I too have been scammed on ebay. My first and hopefully last. Saw a lot of 5 6000s for sale, at a great price. Figured I could at least resale them and make some $. Over 30 ebay transactions and I let my self get caught up in this one. I tracked down the loser and he went to jail, now hes out on parole and supposed to repay me, but I havent seen a dime yet.

HokieEngineer said:
I too have been scammed on ebay. My first and hopefully last. Saw a lot of 5 6000s for sale, at a great price. Figured I could at least resale them and make some $. Over 30 ebay transactions and I let my self get caught up in this one. I tracked down the loser and he went to jail, now hes out on parole and supposed to repay me, but I havent seen a dime yet.

Care to elaborate on this experience? What was the scam?

After my last email to this guy explaining that I never implied anything about anything and gave him copies of his questions and my answers, he hasn't replied. And I'm still at 100% :)

ROLLTIDE, why do you always assume someone is a hacker. :( Your message is tiring and you should just give it a rest. gpflepsen, tell the buyer to call dish and gripe. There is no need for you to know the revision of your cards. He purchased the items as adverstised and should read your ad before posting. Whenever selling items on ebay, let everyone know its "AS IS" and read description carefully.

maddawg said:
ROLLTIDE, why do you always assume someone is a hacker. :( Your message is tiring and you should just give it a rest. gpflepsen, tell the buyer to call dish and gripe. There is no need for you to know the revision of your cards. He purchased the items as adverstised and should read your ad before posting. Whenever selling items on ebay, let everyone know its "AS IS" and read description carefully.

Excuse me Slapnuts but where did I assume that someone was a hacker ?

If you want to call me out then please pm me and we can discuss it further .

ROLLTIDE said:
Excuse me Slapnuts but where did I assume that someone was a hacker ?

If you want to call me out then please pm me and we can discuss it further .

a Jeff Jarrett fan, are we rolltide?

btw...you have posted before that people who buy satellite receivers off EBay are usually hackers...

Iceberg said:
a Jeff Jarrett fan, are we rolltide?

btw...you have posted before that people who buy satellite receivers off EBay are usually hackers...[/QUOTE

Yes I have said that but didn't say it in this thread and i'm not sure why mad dog is so upset.

ROLLTIDE, I'm not upset at your comments. You remind of a preacher who likes to take the moral high ground, but willing to sleep with a prostitute. Do assume someone is alcoholic if you sell them a bottle of alcohol? This is a free market economy and one should sell their items to the highest bidder.

Madawg is that why you PM people asking them if they have any 6000's or 7200's for sale

I'm sure i'm not the only one that got a pm from you asking about those units .

No Maddog did NOT INTENTIONALLY email everyone looking for a 6000, it was a bug in the software, which is why I changed the way PM's were done on the old software.

His request was sent out to everyone at that time.

Again PLEASE stop playing the hacking cop. Just because people want to buy used receivers does not mean they are hacking. Remember this is the US, innocent until proven guilty. :)

I never got a PM being asked about that but I dont go asking what someone is going to do with the receivers that I would sell because I know its not my job to stop it and that there is not much I can do about it either. It would be different if I was asked particular information about the receiver or card that may be for sale.

Hey its DCXFORDGM, I have been selling new expressvu recievers/new dish and direcway systems on ebay for 5 months and I have had people pull alot of scams on me and it cost's me money and I am selling brand new equipment.I amit most of my customers are in the usa and are hacking VU and DISH and in someways they are dogs but selling used items is even harder. I tried it with used VU recievers, I purchased over 270 of them and it is tough. What I have done and will do again when a customer give's me a really hard time, I inform the signal theft line of dish or vu and let them know the serial # and other information. I am just trying to make a good living and you can but the odd A$^HOL$ screws up his unit after hacking it and wants to exchange, I inform him a email was sent to you and a letter in box was shipped with your unit that we are not responsible for any mods to unit or smart card. I suggest not to worry over it, it sound like you just have the one guy to deal with.

Scam:

Advertised 5 6000s that were picked up at "yard sales". Price was real good cuz who wants 5? So not many bids on it. Figured if i bought em and sold them separate, i'd make a quick $$.

Email was swapped, addresses, cell phone #, etc. Sent cashiers check (mistake #1, first time i ever didnt use paypal).

Turns out cell phone was stolen/fake. Address ended up being a mailboxes etc.

Check was cashed at a check cashing place.

Luckily he used his real SS# and drivers license # on the check when he cashed it. I got the scanned copy of it and made some calls at the DMV to get his address. Sent all my info to the cops and they busted him. Some out of work mexican in el paso.

Im gonna call his PO tomorrow and get an update. Somehow I doubt ill ever see that money again. Live and learn.

The police told me that he confessed and said he copied old auctions and changed them around a little bit, he never had any of the equipment. Some of his other auctions prior to mine were bulk lots of HU cards, a hammock, and some figurine. I contacted all the other winners to inform them, but the guys that bought the hu cards didnt want to be included in the charges... I wonder why :D

That's not even good enough to be called a scam.

I hope you get some restitution from him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)