Bates Motel

Liked it too. Lets see how episode 2 does tomorr night.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Good show. I wasn't sure they could make this a series, but I feel they are doing a pretty good job. At first I was appalled that the show differed so much from Normal Bates of Psycho fame but, I suppose, that's the only way a show like this could succeed. Anyway, it's getting good ratings for an A&E program and it's captured my interest. The show should do well in the summer months when their is much less new programming on network television.

Norman is definitely unglued from reality. It is an interesting take that the seems to have the two sides of his personality separated and good Norman does not remember Evil Norman.

Fantastic show tonight...stab 'em, shoot 'em, burn 'em, run 'em down. Not to mention to murder mystery, drug trade, and sex slave industry dynamic going on in addition to the Bates' family dysfunction. I love this show! :)

Pyscho is a classic. Anthon Perkins also made a pair of Psycho movies in the 80s (Psycho II and III) in which he returned to the Bates Motel as an adult years later after being successfully treated. Anyway, my parents thought the II and III movies were so-so, but I thought they were well done. Here's a clip from one of my favorite scenes. Needless to say, I ask my mother in-law if she would like a toasted cheese sandwich every time she gets out of line. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, this is the susprise "hit" of the season. I honestly didnt expect much from it considering its on A&E and a "reboot, remake, prequel" but am really enjoying this series.

@Tiger... Gus Van Sant's Psycho "remake" of 1998 is literally shot frame for frame as the original Psycho except one line was added. What makes Hitchcock's version great is he had a hell of a time with the MPAA over the ratings as this was a "game changer" IMO for the horror genre.
Personally go for the original.

@ Riffjim: I dont blame you but you forgot Psycho IV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)