Bates Motel

IMO, this is the susprise "hit" of the season. I honestly didnt expect much from it considering its on A&E and a "reboot, remake, prequel" but am really enjoying this series.

I have to agree, we know what the future holds, but it is compelling to watch a slow motion train wreck as Norman's mind slowly goes off the rails...

IMO, this is the susprise "hit" of the season. I honestly didnt expect much from it considering its on A&E and a "reboot, remake, prequel" but am really enjoying this series.

Agreed. I didn't see last night's episode since I hit-the-rack at 7:00 PM (get up at 4:00 AM) and have a late-night hockey game on tonight. However, I did wakeup something in the 2 AM'ish timeframe and turn the TV before I fell back asleep and noticed Bates Motel was replaying. I almost got sucked into watching it because the 3-minutes I viewed were so good.

I have to agree, we know what the future holds, but it is compelling to watch a slow motion train wreck as Norman's mind slowly goes off the rails...

I like Norman, but I'm equally impressed with Norma; two variations of the word 'normal' which is Classic Hitchcock! Anyway, even more suprising is how Norman's brother (Skippy or whatever his name) brings a very nice added dimension to the story. Seriously, if you had told me this would be a modern day prequel, with a whole bunch of others stuff, to Psycho I would have told you it would never work. It works...and it works very well.

Midnight: Monday, 20 May 2013 (10:00 PM ET)

"Romero decides to take action; Norman brings Emma to the dance; Norman gets a ride home from Miss Watson."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at iMDb.com

So let's see...it's Miss Watson, the teacher who was taking such a keen interest in Norman's shorts (stories that is), who is now riding Norman...er, giving him a ride home. Something smells very fishy. ;)

BTW, I didn't realize last night's show was the season finale in a short 10-episode 1st season. Shame! To be honest, this would make a perfect summertime series if they keep it at only 10 shows. Hopefully it returns next season...and hopefully with 13-episodes. :)

Never mind, the show was renewed for a 2nd season last month by A&E due to it being the network's highest rated scripted drama ever, 4.5 million weekly viewers including DVR watchers. Not bad for a 2nd tier cable network like A&E. For years the cable channels showed network reruns, cartoons, wrastlin' or informercials, but over the past give years they've created some outstanding serial drama series, which goes to show it doesn't cost a lot of money in order to create a good show.

As much as I like Jere Burn, his character died one of the best deaths I've seen in a while. I just re-watched the season finale and I already cannot wait for the next season to start. Best new cable show of the season IMO.

Season Premiere: March 3 at 10:00 PM on A&E

Wow! It's only been forever and a day, but this was without a doubt my surprise Cable favorite for 2013. Anyway, it returns in March!!!

"Where we left off: After Norma repaired her rift with Norman by telling him that her brother raped her as a child, Norman attended the dance, where he was punched by Bradley's boyfriend. When Miss Watson took Norman home to attend to his eye, a vision of Norma told Norman that Miss Watson was trying to seduce him, so Norman killed her."

Arg, March is still quite a ways away! I really liked season one, it was surprisingly good. Even though you know Norman will end up being evil, it is still fun to watch him try to be good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts