Batman Arkham Asylum

Heavie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
Maryland
Has anyone played the demo? I played played the xbox360, ps3 and pc version. The PC graphic is the best. Plus the pc version is aleast $10 cheaper, so I will be buying the pc version. If the game is anything like the demo, then it's going to be a very good game. Like X-men Origins Wolverine game was.

Check out the Batman Arkham Asylum demo.

$10 less for the PC doesn't matter to me. I pre-ordered the collector's edition for 360. $100 but you get a freakin' batarang. Mainly I've just always been a big batman fan though.

Just got word my copy is shipping out today from Gamefly for the PS3. Sweet.

If you're real quiet you can hear my PS3 screaming, "YEAH! I'll be used for playing GAMES finally!"

Tried the demo, thought it was great, doubt I will buy it though. Don't see much replayability after you finish it. Might pick it up in the bargain bin if I see it down the line.

This game has gotten nearly all good reviews. May be worth checking out if you're on the fence. I look forward to the game arriving tomorrow in my mail from GF.

Damn shame. The game comes out today for the ps3 and 360 and ships 9.15.09 for the pc. I guess the game developers don't believe pc gamers are real gamer anymore. I guess I have to wait.

I just beat my copy of the game on the PS3, and I feel I can say without a shadow of a doubt that there is NO reason why anyone should NOT play this game. This is an easy candidate for Game of the Year.

The easiest way to describe how good this game is that it is a jack of all trades, a "Babe Ruth" of videogames. It doesn't do just one or two things very well, but rather does basically everything well. The storyline is good (which is helped by great voice acting), the graphics and atmosphere fit the mood, both the fighting and stealth sections are done well and have a good difficulty curve, and between the Riddler trophies and challenge rooms, there are plenty of things to do after you beat the main story mode. It doesn't matter which version you get, just GET this game.

Well, I been playing the game for the last 3-4 days. This is a very good game. I don't care what system you get this for. Just get it. This is the best comic action hero game I ever played. Its a lot better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which I enjoyed also.

It's Fun
It's well thought out
The graphic are beautiful
It has replay values
Controls are solid
It's fast pace

I think it as good as Uncharted, God of War, Metal Gear Solid and Assasins Creed.

I just got my copy (PS3) from Ebay yesterday and immediately started playing (having played throuh the demo a couple of times).

Noob question: can someone explain to me the whole combo thing? I've played games like Soul Calibur IV and Prince of Persia where you string together a bunch of button presses to trigger some advanced moves, but usually there is a combo list in the game menus I can learn. I didn't find one here. I am mashing the square, triangle and circle and seeing some interesting things happen, but are there specific sequences to get the longer combo chain trophy/achievements. I've only gotten 5x thus far. Thanks.

I just got my copy (PS3) from Ebay yesterday and immediately started playing (having played throuh the demo a couple of times).

Noob question: can someone explain to me the whole combo thing? I've played games like Soul Calibur IV and Prince of Persia where you string together a bunch of button presses to trigger some advanced moves, but usually there is a combo list in the game menus I can learn. I didn't find one here. I am mashing the square, triangle and circle and seeing some interesting things happen, but are there specific sequences to get the longer combo chain trophy/achievements. I've only gotten 5x thus far. Thanks.
You need to go after multiple attackers to chain big combos. As guys surround you, aim towards different enemies to string together combos. It's a little harder to string them early on with less attackers and fewer moves, but as you get further on you'll be stringing 10x+ combos easily. Also, don't forget to counter and watch your back.

You need to go after multiple attackers to chain big combos. As guys surround you, aim towards different enemies to string together combos. It's a little harder to string them early on with less attackers and fewer moves, but as you get further on you'll be stringing 10x+ combos easily. Also, don't forget to counter and watch your back.

I'll try that. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts