Battlefield 1943

?Sa?dma???

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Has anyone purchased and downloaded this game yet? I guess it's for PS3 and X-box and is $14.99 downloaded. I just wondered if it is any good?

I tried the demo over the weekend and enjoyed, but went to play it again last night and it said my trial had expired. First time I ran into a time trial demo on the PSstore. I think it's worth the $14.99, kind of reminds me of Warhawk but set in '43.

I may try the demo, but I doubt I'll be that into it. I played a pirated version of BF 2142 (or whatever the "modern" version of it was) and found it to be nothing that special. Also, this game seems to have a checklist of things that would turn me OFF in a game:

No Single player (or at least no bots)
An overpowered sniper rifle
Very clearly defined spawn points
Few maps and fewer gametypes.

I suppose I should at least give it a chance though. After all, I ignored Team Fortress 2 for years because of its lack of single player and constantly changing structure, but when I finally tried it during a free weekend I quickly fell in love with it and it's reinvigorated my love for PC Gaming. But then again, TF2 isn't like most games, so I'm sure results will vary..

TF2 was more fun before they added all these crazy new abilities :(

1943 does feel like less than half of a game, and that's probably intentional, can only imagine how much DLC is coming for it in the form of maps and stuff.

On a similar note, EA has done the same thing with NCAA.... you get prompts your first play through to basically pay 500 points or something for an accelerator package to buy a pipeline state, be a 5 star recruit in Road to Glory mode, get extra scouting in dynasty, etc.

And they didnt include a way to avoid people who did do this in online dynasty right out of the box, but they're including it in the first patch.

Ive got the full game.

Also since the community has killed 42 million people or whatever, a new map and mode has been unlocked.

This is just on Xbox Live, as of this afternoon people on PSN were only halfway there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)