Battlefront II for XBOX 360?

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I was watching The Art of Play on GameplayHD and saw Star Wars: Battlefront II. It appeared to be something I'd like to play. The scenes shown were widescreen (not stretched) and appeared to be natively HD. When I did a search for the game for purchase, I could only find it for the original XBOX, not 360.

Now, I understand that the game is backward-compatible on the 360, due to the patch, but will it be HD & widescreen? Unlike Halo: Combat Evolved, although backward-compatible, is still 4:3.

When I go to Microsoft's Backward Compatibility List, I see this listing, but it indicates the game is 480p, and the screenshots are not widescreen.

The Art of Play didn't indicate on which format they were showing the game. It did state, "Lucas Arts 2006". So is there a Battlefront II that's come (coming) out that is native 360?

I might be wrong here but does not the Xbox360 have the ability to upscale a Xbox game to a higher resolution like 480i to 720p? Someone else on this site with an Xbox360 will have to answer this one.

just set your 360 to 480p wide before playing... some games still goof up the widescreen aspect...for instance SC:CT the single player (set to 1080i) is fine... widescreen and all. but if you load the MP it goes to a pillar box. so in the dash if you set it to 480p wide itll fix that issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)