Battlestar Galactica coming to Universal HD?

If you are watching on VoOM and your display supports native resolution, put the resolution in native resolution and go the system settings and put the picture in stretch and letterbox. It will look real good like you are watching OAR upconvert 4:3.

Sean Mota said:
If you are watching on VoOM and your display supports native resolution, put the resolution in native resolution
That's what I did. Switched to Native and then used zoom function on my TV.

Galactica Miniseries on UHD

The Battlestar Galactica Miniseries will be shown this Sunday 2/20/05 on UniversalHD starting at 8pm. The fact that part 2 is to begin at 9:30 suggests no commercials, as part 1 is at least 1:30 long. Haven't seen anything yet about season 1 of the show now being shown on scifi.

smcahee said:
The Battlestar Galactica Miniseries will be shown this Sunday 2/20/05 on UniversalHD starting at 8pm. The fact that part 2 is to begin at 9:30 suggests no commercials, as part 1 is at least 1:30 long. Haven't seen anything yet about season 1 of the show now being shown on scifi.

When NBC re-ran the 4 hour miniseries they cut it down to 3 hours - so I imagine that is the version to be aired. I think the only way to get all 4 hours is on the DVD.

Sean Mota said:
I will check it out on Sunday. I was not very impressed with the PQ on NBC.
First I'd like so say, I think it was on SCI-Fi, not NBC. If it was on NBC, I missed it. But, last night (Sunday), I was channel surfing and came across part 2. It was half over, so I didn't bother, but it was HD. Since Universal HD repeats so much, anyone know when it will air again?
Thanks....

mikbro said:
When NBC re-ran the 4 hour miniseries they cut it down to 3 hours - so I imagine that is the version to be aired. I think the only way to get all 4 hours is on the DVD.

It wasn't cut - it was commercial free.

Gloriously, beautifully commercial-free.

Sadly, now that it's aired, I can find no mention of any more Battlestar Galactica on UniversalHD's schedule stuff in the upcoming months -- I'd really, really hoped that as well as airing the pilot, they'd eventually air the series in HD.

Seeing it in high definition and without commercial interruption was awesome. I even converted my wife over to being a fan of the show. I will admit, however, that a 5 or 10 minute intermission between the two halves might've been nice. Three straight hours sitting still is a long time for me :D

Hey, was anyone else a little disapointed in PQ for "Battlestar Galactica". It seemed a bit grainy. I don't think it was the channel or my equipment because i watched "Touching Evil" and "Karen Sisco" earlier that day and they looked great. I still loved watching it in widescreen and commercial free. Hope they continue showing the rest of the series. It still way better than watching it on Sci-Fi with the skeeters and commercial break

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)