Battlestar Galactica (Season 2) 1/6/06 on SciFi & on Universal HD! 1/1/06

dfergie said:
Battlestar Galactica Webisodes are now available...
Battlestar Galactica:
The Resistance
Ten webisodes chronicling events that follow the Season Two finale, leading directly into the Season Three premiere
http://www.scifi.com/pulse/

These are cool. About 2 minutes long; two a week. I just watched the first one. Its a great way to use the net to build up towards the premiere!!!!

Madtown HD Junkie said:
Vurbano, not to sound stupid, but i did not even know there was HDDVD burners out yet? What process do you follow do get the HD on an HDDVD....ty
Actually.. I keep BSG on a server. Its just over 8.5 GB an episode usually. But I do have two seasons of Dead like me in HD on DVD. It runs smaller. The proccess is to extract the mpeg2 Transport stream TY file from the HDtivo, run it through a conversion program in TYtool on a PC to create a computer playable mpeg2 vob file (nothing is lost in the conversion), rename it to mpg and burn. A media player like snazio and the linkplayer2 will play mpeg2 HD files in HD resolution. You can also stream the HD to them. Right now I have an 8.5 GB limit but when an HD DVD burner comes out I will free up huge amounts of space on my servers. :D

Last edited:
dfergie said:
Np tennis coverage changed times... Maybe he uses a R5000 mod then converts?
I wish. Thats really expensive. You can hack the Hard drive and use usb/ethernet connector. Its slow but it works.

dfergie said:
Battlestar Galactica Webisodes are now available...
Battlestar Galactica:
The Resistance
Ten webisodes chronicling events that follow the Season Two finale, leading directly into the Season Three premiere
http://www.scifi.com/pulse/

Too bad you can't download them and put in dishpocket to watch. I will have to make time to watch them.

Now that Season 3 is approaching, any news whether or not BSG will be shown on Universal HD as well? It would be really nice if they showed it the same week it aired on SciFi.

long_time_DNC said:
I pre-ordered the 2.5 set early last month, so I'm hoping it arrives early...sometimes they do. :)

I feel like the decision to release the second season in two sets is an obnoxious way to make money; :mad: kind of like how LOTR came out in the theatrical dvd, then three months later the highly desired extended edition.

Of course, that isn't quite enough to overhelm my desire to actually have the full second season on dvd!

dfergie said:
Kinda like Star Wars with the new (old ) versions coming out today...

Yup, aint that the case.

I bought Star Wars on VHS, then in the three pack for the original three on DVD, plus the three new episodes; I think old George has gotten enough of my money. Plus, theatre tickets for the re-release of the original three episodes in the late 90s (that was ok though - kind of cool to see Star Wars (or as my son says, Episode 4) at the Continental Theatre in Denver on the GIANT screen!)

Ain't touchin' this Star Wars release. The original versions aren't anamorphic, they're just the same letterbox masters they used on the laserdisc versions.

No, no...I'll be waiting for the 30th Anniversary release planned for next year and see if the original versions are there in widescreen anamorphic.

Better yet, all 6 films in HD! I can wait. :)

I waited for the extended versions of the LOTR series to come out before I bought them. I don't even have the theatrical versions...never did. Figured I'd only spend my $$$ once....now there's the HD versions to think about, whenever they're released...

Are movies on UHD edited?

Voom has designs on architecture copro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)