Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

The nuclear blast was many miles away in the city on the other side of the lake. What destroyed Baltar's house and presumably killed the Six but not him was the shock wave.

Predicted it here too. Maybe I should of been a sci-fi writer .:D
You'd be wrong for this show. It stopped being Sci fi a long time ago and started being about the supernatural. I think it was really thrown in our face during the photo incident when six accused Baltar of sabotage and he only was cleared when he accepted God.

Some shots...

Attachments

• Gaelens Revenge.JPG
    Gaelens Revenge.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 120
  • Racetrack's Raptor.JPG
    Racetrack's Raptor.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Nukes.JPG
    Nukes.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Nukes 1.JPG
    Nukes 1.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Galacticas engines.JPG
    Galacticas engines.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Galactica Luna.JPG
    Galactica Luna.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Terra.JPG
    Terra.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Africa.JPG
    Africa.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 122
You'd be wrong for this show. It stopped being Sci fi a long time ago and started being about the supernatural. I think it was really thrown in our face during the photo incident when six accused Baltar of sabotage and he only was cleared when he accepted God.

Its the biggest frustration about the show. Relying on the supernatural to explain what happens, is the ultimate cop-out. but nothing we can do. :)

Personally ... I thought the ending was just perfect ...

The had the Galactica "go into the sunset" ...

To a degree they did leave an opening with the Galactica going into the sun ... what happens if along the way Anders changed his mind ... the Galactica could just drift for an eternity until "someone" finds it ...

I liked how they did the "opera house".

They pretty much explained everything else, but Kara and the song. How did Kara know the song? How did the 5 know the song? What is Kara? Maybe the next rendition of Galactica will have these answers ;)

This ranks right up there with B5 ... :up

Then who were the angels talking to? :D
I know, no matter which way you go with it, it doesnt make a lot of sense. If there were a Baltar angel at the beginning then why did we only see him in the end? Still a great show though. I don't regret watching every episode when it aired. the producer was right. The characters made this show.

To a degree they did leave an opening with the Galactica going into the sun ... what happens if along the way Anders changed his mind ... the Galactica could just drift for an eternity until "someone" finds it ...

They pretty much explained everything else, but Kara and the song. How did Kara know the song? How did the 5 know the song? What is Kara? Maybe the next rendition of Galactica will have these answers ;)

I dont see how you can abandon all of those ships with the cylons still out there.

Kara was sent by a higher power. Her painting, her learning the piano, remembering her father, the song, all were pieces of her destiny/fate/mission but just how her character came to understand the information that she was meant to understand and use at the right time and right place to lead the fleet to their end.

Its the biggest frustration about the show. Relying on the supernatural to explain what happens, is the ultimate cop-out. but nothing we can do. :)

It all comes down to whether or not science can coexist with the divine, and we are all still battling about it today. Get a couple of advocates for this issue and they will debate until one or the other drops dead from exhaustion. Tell one that saying God creating the Earth in 7 days is a cop-out when dealing with carbon dating and the dinosaurs. Tell the other that evolution has some major holes in it but it is also a cop out when science refuses to accept the mere possibility of a higher power at work that we cannot know or understand. Neither one will say maybe the other is right about something.

For me in this show they can coexist and the divine/religious aspects are a nod that we are mortals and not supposed to nor ever will be able to explain everything. Maybe someday science will for some things but for now we dont know so we must keep an open mind and accept that just maybe God and angels do exist (tho Baltar said he hates that name hehe). We just do not know know their ways. Oh and lines in Star Trek that say 'According to MYTH the Earth was created in 7 days' basically says in the future society considers The Bible little more than historical fiction and things like that are insulting to many. Quite a few science fiction stories do this and the implicit notion that more advanced civilizations only accept scientific explanations is farce.

Anyways... BSG is a great great show and the ending was a well thought out balance between the two. And actually if it said that advanced aliens that didnt need physical bodies (ala Star Trek) controlled everything it would have been disappointing. Oh by the way... just how did the Organians make every Klingon and Federation ship heat up so the crew couldnt touch a thing? How supernatural. :D

EDIT: oooops 6 days lol. Dont know why I have 7 on the brain.

Last edited:

Supernatural I can handle but reverting to cave men when the planet of your dreams is yours for the taking is the most unbelievable thing in the history of the universe. In two years without at least iron age tech most of the crew will be dead from just starving to death and sickness. There is a reason why "Eve" died young. At least half would say that Lee was crazy and setup a base camp somewhere else with everything they could take off the ships. (My camp)
Lee took the anti-tech option as a way to solve man-kinds problems but it just destroyed the best option which was to really have peace with man and machine.

As we see 150,000 years later, they made the wrong choice. ;) IMHO

It all comes down to whether or not science can coexist with the divine, and we are all still battling about it today. Get a couple of advocates for this issue and they will debate until one or the other drops dead from exhaustion. Tell one that saying God creating the Earth in 7 days is a cop-out when dealing with carbon dating and the dinosaurs. Tell the other that evolution has some major holes in it but it is also a cop out when science refuses to accept the mere possibility of a higher power at work that we cannot know or understand. Neither one will say maybe the other is right about something.

For me in this show they can coexist and the divine/religious aspects are a nod that we are mortals and not supposed to nor ever will be able to explain everything. Maybe someday science will for some things but for now we dont know so we must keep an open mind and accept that just maybe God and angels do exist (tho Baltar said he hates that name hehe). We just do not know know their ways. Oh and lines in Star Trek that say 'According to MYTH the Earth was created in 7 days' basically says in the future society considers The Bible little more than historical fiction and things like that are insulting to many. Quite a few science fiction stories do this and the implicit notion that more advanced civilizations only accept scientific explanations is farce.

Anyways... BSG is a great great show and the ending was a well thought out balance between the two. And actually if it said that advanced aliens that didnt need physical bodies (ala Star Trek) controlled everything it would have been disappointing. Oh by the way... just how did the Organians make every Klingon and Federation ship heat up so the crew couldnt touch a thing? How supernatural. :D

I still say it is a cop-out as a story-telling mechanism. We deserved better, after the six years we watched since the mini-series. I don't have a problem with the divine. I don't have a problem with science. I think that they can co-exist. I just think we deserved more of an answer than we got about the nature of Kara, as well as Baltar and Caprica Six. I hope "The Plan" helps us with it, but I am not expecting it to.

That's all. :)

Supernatural I can handle but reverting to cave men when the planet of your dreams is yours for the taking is the most unbelievable thing in the history of the universe. In two years without at least iron age tech most of the crew will be dead from just starving to death and sickness. There is a reason why "Eve" died young. At least half would say that Lee was crazy and setup a base camp somewhere else with everything they could take off the ships. (My camp)
Lee took the anti-tech option as a way to solve man-kinds problems but it just destroyed the best option which was to really have peace with man and machine.

I am just letting that one go, although I agree with you. :)

I've had this discussion before many times in my bible study class. Who knows how long a day is in GOD's time? One day could be millions of years , which would explain the Mesazoic period , the Paleothic period and primitive man as well. That would explain how the world is estimated to be over 4 billion years old. The big bang could be when GOD created the universe. God created the world in 7 days and on the 6 the day he created man. After God rested on the 7th day, the next part of the chapter talks about how he created Adam in his image ,molded from the dirt and dust of the earth and he breathed life into him giving him a soul. Then he took Adam's rib and created Eve to give him a mate. They had Cain and Able as 1st and 2nd sons. Jealous Cain slew Able .

Later Cain moved off to marry the daughters of Nod. Okay where did the daughters of Nod come from? I say they were the daughters of the primitive man like the Cro magnum man or neanderthal man. Eventually they were breeded out by the descendants of Adam and his progeny .Once the world was flooded by GOD , all mankind was killed off except Noah and his progeny and wives . The only man left on earth is the modern man that we are today and we have souls.

There I just reconciled the bible with science. I don't think they are mutually exclusive and they can both be believed in. After all to believe in GOD you have to have faith that he has a plan. We are all part of GOD's plan. Spooky , it sounds a whole lot like Battlestar final episode doesn't it?;)

Last edited:
One of my favorite science fiction authors, Robert A. Heinlein, liked to introduce God into his stories (Job is one of my favorites,) his way of saying that this Universe is a construct by a Being that lives in a Universe that was constructed by a Higher Being, etc. (Occam's Razor be damned!) I don't mind as long as there is some consistency.

Baltar "got it" in the CIC, was able to get through to Cavil, explaining in such a way that Cavil was able to see that there was a Higher Power at work. Unfortunately for Cavil and the Ones, Fours, and Fives, God was on Humanity's side all along. I wonder if Galin had been able to control his anger (not breaking the connection) and the Black-hat Cylons got Resurrection again, would the Raptor have been hit with the rock and launch the Nukes, taking out the Colony?

Another unanswered question: What about the other Base Stars? In Daybreak Pt. 1, Starbuck said they got lucky and were able to film (how quaint) Base Stars entering and leaving the system from the location where Galactica appeared. So I make the assumption that there are more Ones, Fours, and Fives out there who will probably be pissed that the Humans blew up their "Home World". It's only a matter of time before the Black-hat Cylons get lucky: the FTL control panel showed 12 digits (1123, 6536, 5321), a rather insignificant number for a bunch of killing machines on a mission.

Also, Hera shouldn't be the only child of a Human-Cylon pairing. Unless Helo's penis got shot off (glad we didn't see that) then I would expect Hera to have brothers and/or sisters to play with. The same with Gaias and Caprica. Since Love is necessary for a Cylon to have a baby (made clear when Caprica miscarried) and Caprica can now love Gaias, they should be raising more than crops beyond the twin peaks.

Maybe the group of Twos, Sixes, and Eights went to an island beyond the Pillars of Hercules and founded Atlantis? Too obvious?

When Tyrol was describing the cold island to the north, I immediately thought of Scotland. Is Chief Galin Tyrol the great-great-great-(etc.)-grandfather of Montgomery Scott? ;)

I somewhat agree. But, one could also argue that they really had nothing to build the civilization with left. Remember they were fighting over food rations at the end, medicine was gone. Everything had been blasted and broken. They were hanging on by a thread, and it is not clear if they could have even really set up a civilization without it collapsing anyways. They were even out of ammo by this time. Even if they had stayed all in one place after a few generations there probably would have gone back practically to the stone age anyways.

A modern society is very complex. If you were to pick up a town of 30k people from the US and plop it down on another plant, intact, it would not last long. They were not all young strong people, the were not all scientists, they were a cross section of society that just happened to escape the initial blast. Basic things like food and energy become critical. Did they even have the equipment and knowlege to drill for oil? Did they even have a memory of early power sources and machinery? Tillium (sp?) seemed to be a rare ore they find around the galaxy and refined.

Scattering people over the globe would probably be the best system to insure the survival of the species.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)