Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

I fear the one question I want an answer to will not come, but this has been very satisfying, and I absolutely love the use of the original theme music. Will need to watch this over and over.

And
I keep feeling like I should hear Captain Picard telling the crew in First Contact to find a quiet corner of North America... :)

Wow. He did good. Moore, that is.

So Kara truly was an angel. I can live with that. And I feel satisfied with the 'projections' - now that I know that both Six and Baltar were both head-cases. :D

Again, wow. Wow. :)

What was Starbuck? What about her "perfect viper"? Still a lot of questions, but it was nice to see a series end that continued beyond where it could have ended.

This one will take a few days to think about.

However, I was expecting a real bizarre ending, something like them zooming out to a Six and Baltar playing a game called "Battlestar Galactica" on an XBox and having one losing.

"I'll get you next time!"

I am glad the timer automatically extended the recording. And yes, definitely will want to re-watch.

I particularly want to go back through the scene of the final battle in the CIC before the jump; it was unclear to me in the first viewing exactly why Cavil put a gun in his own mouth.

But like Tigh, I can understand why Galen did what he did.

Good stuff. Did I say wow yet. :D

The Caprica preview was interesting - as well as the spoiler for the Battlestar Galactica THE PLAN movie.

But really mixed feelings right now. Satisfied with the ending; yet, sad that it is over. Kind of like when ST:TNG ended for me.

Too many good things to comment on and man, talk about ripping your heart out when Bill said goodbye to Lee and Kara! That part got to me more than Roslyn actually dying.

Kara *poofing* was pretty weird...don't know what she was and not knowing was okay with me. I can deal with that mystery.

It was a bittersweet, but satisfying ending.

One question: 150k years later...who the heck are Caprica and Gaius? Were they cylons? Did they somehow rebuild rez tech? Who were they? That really has me puzzled. I've rewatched that end scene twice and am still confused. Anyone else confused, or am I just plain missing something there?

Otherwise, it was an ending I could enjoy...but will sure miss this show...

NOW what do I do with my Friday nights?

I'll tell you one thing: Sci-Fi sould have found someone to sponsor the Final Episode with minimal commercial interruptions. It destroyed what would have been quite an enjoyable experience with at least a dozen copies of that frakkin' "Stop Snoring" commercial (at +6 dB audio level!). I will gladly spend the $300 on the Blu-ray Complete BSG box set just to avoid the commercials.

Did I mention that I hated the commercial interruptions?

Regarding the episode, I want to watch it again before I make my observations. Like many, I think I was expecting a little more, but they had painted themselves into a corner and couldn't expand much on the "Why?"...

I will share this: In some ways, this felt like the end of the BBC Video presentation of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" with the telephone sanitizers, beauticians, politicians, etc., displacing the original inhabitants of the Super Computer that "Deep Thought" came up with to get the question to the answer (42) of the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Oh, and I guess the Pithians never counted on Medical Science, cuz' the Leader DID make it to the Promised Land...

And another thing...
During one of the flashbacks with Adama being interviewed for the desk job. Why did they ask him if he was a Cylon? I thought that the humans were oblivious to skin jobs until after the attacks. Oops.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would've liked limited commercial interruption too...that would've helped... Watching it again.

"Lay off the ACS...you betcha, Galen." says Anders. Even in the midst of a hellish battle, they were able to inject humor. Oh, and the mutual "You see them?" says Caprica and Baltar. That's great stuff. Balter pumping round after round into a toasted toaster. I had to laugh at that...

Stargate Universe

2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies Guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)