BB@ Home disc By Mail Ending September 19th

While the service was :coffee. I did enjoy the add-on to the package I was already paying for. Mostly liked old movies, so rental availability was usually not an issue with me. Only in the 100 or so disks did I have an problem cracked disk which was part of a 2 Disk set, Never did get the 1st disk replacement, got the 2nd one thou :rolleyes:. Ended up just buying the movie.

Steve

My local store is still getting shipments of new movies weekly. But knowing Dish, they could still close at any time.

Kind of sad but with BB@Home ending I have really no reason to go to a BB store now :(

My BB store offers unlimited rentals for $15 per month. I might check it out. Cheaper than Redbox, if you watch a lot of movies.

My BB store offers unlimited rentals for $15 per month. I might check it out. Cheaper than Redbox, if you watch a lot of movies.

I can watch 9 bluray movies a month from Redbox for $15.... and that includes my sales tax.

My local Hollywood Video around the block had a similar deal for video games ($20 month), until it went out of business 3 years ago.

Point being, enjoy it while lasts, because that Blockbuster is probably not going to be around come this time next year.

My local store is still getting shipments of new movies weekly. But knowing Dish, they could still close at any time.
Saw a newspaper article that the last remaining Blockbuster store in the Dayton region is finally closing... At one time, there must have been dozens and dozens of stores.

Looks like we're going to be keeping Avatar. How can I get a case for it with artwork?

Buy it in a store? JK! ;)

You've prob got a few basic cases around. Just download and print the artwork. Google "avatar movie artwork" and select Images (or just click on the left) and pick what you want. Or try to scale and print this.

Last edited:
Used to be. I think it's now $1.28 (tax included) for regular DVDs, and I think it's higher for BluRay.

I thought Redbox was $1/movie?

Redbox charges $1.20 per DVD, $1.50 per BD and $2.00 per game. Then whatever sales tax in your area is added. Where I live, a BD is $1.59 total price. Still, I can get 9 BD's for under $15. A very good deal, as long as you can find something you want to watch (which isn't really that big a problem, especially compared to a couple of years ago).

How many different titles are in a typical Redbox "box?" And do they carry more than a single copy? Just titles from the last couple of years?

I'll have to look one over next time I pass one by.

What I like about Redbox is you can search the inventory of boxes within a radius and then put in a reservation online, before you head out to the location.

You don't have to go to Redbox kiosk. YOu can look at each kiosh online here:

http://www.redbox.com/movies

Just choose your location and whether you want dvd or BR. My local Redbox has 144 titles currently available and is at the Tom Thumb 3 blocks from my house.

Had Snitch and couldn't decide if I should send it back and hope or just hang on to it. Decided I didn't like it enough to care so back it went. Got an email the next day saying Identy Thief was on it's way. Probably will have to keep it, getting too close to the deadline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)