BB movie pass not showing on vip622

So does that mean that they're finally going to stop giving out 622s? (Probably not, this is Dish we're talking about.)

Yes, It is official. Its the latest update.
Show us, please. Dish site lists it as supported. I think you may be confused by the issue that the MENU has not been updated yet. 622 users in other threads have reported that they are streaming.

Show us, please. Dish site lists it as supported. I think you may be confused by the issue that the MENU has not been updated yet. 622 users in other threads have reported that they are streaming.

Yeah - I have a 622 here, and it also streams. It's not the fastest, but it beats downloading the entire movie first. It's not listed anywhere that it would (still, Watch in 1hr 20 min), however once you hit rent/watch, within a few seconds you can start playback.

I wanted to clear up the confusion about the receivers supported for Blockbuster Movie Pass. The 622, 722, and 722k are supported at this time. The 612 and 922 will have availability on a future date. We don't know the exact date yet. Thanks.

Subzerosco just joined the forum yesterday and has been "incorrect" in at least two threads. So, pay heed.

622 - Not working for me.

Ray,

So I have a 622, subscribed to BB MP 3 days ago. Can stream on PC, but nothing on 622. Dish customer service says 622 not yet supported. Sure, on the website it says it is supported, my setup indicates no such support. Are you baseing your statement on real units that are working, or just Dish's false marketing website(s)? Did they maybe halt 622 support, so I didn't/can't get a required update?

I have a 622 and not sure I understand the whole approach of the Blockbuster deal. It is included on my account per my bill and a call to Dish CSR.
SO next question is what does this actually entail? Just access to be able to download/stream content to my receiver and the charges for the actual content be applied to my account...or do I have actual access "free" for the next while totally?

Sorry to be ignorant of the actual deal but I just didn't know for sure:) Have no problems making the system do what it needs to, providing there is actual support to my receiver by a recently pushed update. Thanks in advance for any clarification

Wt

I have a 622 and not sure I understand the whole approach of the Blockbuster deal. It is included on my account per my bill and a call to Dish CSR.
SO next question is what does this actually entail? Just access to be able to download/stream content to my receiver and the charges for the actual content be applied to my account...or do I have actual access "free" for the next while totally?

Sorry to be ignorant of the actual deal but I just didn't know for sure:) Have no problems making the system do what it needs to, providing there is actual support to my receiver by a recently pushed update. Thanks in advance for any clarification

Wt

On the ViP622 in your DVR Menu will be DISH Platinum, selecting on this will show the content that can be streamed to your TV through the receiver. You also can log into your dishnetwork.com account and select on the blockbustermoviepass link which will allow you to set up a queue for the discs that you will receive in the mail. Streaming content is also available through dishonline account to any PC. The Block Buster Movie Pass does take two separate offers which were $10.00 each and combine them for $10.00 a month savings. I hope this helps.

Ray,

So I have a 622, subscribed to BB MP 3 days ago. Can stream on PC, but nothing on 622. Dish customer service says 622 not yet supported. Sure, on the website it says it is supported, my setup indicates no such support. Are you baseing your statement on real units that are working, or just Dish's false marketing website(s)? Did they maybe halt 622 support, so I didn't/can't get a required update?
I'll take a whack at this since Ray went home.

Your 622 and my 612s will all get their menu updated "soon". 612 firmware is supposed to roll out Oct 30th, while the 622 was supposed to be ready Oct1 but apparently is late. In addition to the menu enhancement to BBMP, we will get what is called "adaptive streaming." These two features are supposedly on my 722 right now, but frankly I haven't noticed the adaptive streaming feature working at all. It "streams" to disk on my 722, just like it does on my 612 and presumably just like it does on your 622 right now w/o adaptive streaming.

That said, you can get most of the benefit of BBMP streaming on your 622 right now. Just select a movie and start it's download. Then go find the My Rentals folder, select the movie, and see how soon you can watch it. If it's anything like my 612 and my Cox SOHO service (30/7), it's available within seconds, just like it is on my 722. This is because Dish relaxed the throttling on their servers. Prior to the Oct 1 rollout of BBMP, I could get at most 1Mbps out of Dish servers. Now, on my 722 and my 612, I see around 8Mbps, which is adequate to stream.

Krell, I can select some movies and apparantly stream them on the Dish Paltinum selection. I didn't have Platinum before (that I know of), so can't compare, but if the "Platinum" selection is just going to change to BB Movie Pass, with no other changes, I am not impressed. First, it is a mix of generally older lower quality movies. For instance, if I filter for 3 star+ HD movies since 2000, there are only 74. Many of these are shown as having a rental fee so they aren't all availabe free for streaming. As Pat says above, this doesn't seem like BlockBuster to me, and if it is, it isn't at all impressive.

Last edited:
On the ViP622 in your DVR Menu will be DISH Platinum, selecting on this will show the content that can be streamed to your TV through the receiver. You also can log into your dishnetwork.com account and select on the blockbustermoviepass link which will allow you to set up a queue for the discs that you will receive in the mail. Streaming content is also available through dishonline account to any PC. The Block Buster Movie Pass does take two separate offers which were $10.00 each and combine them for $10.00 a month savings. I hope this helps.

Thanks Mary! That answers my question fully!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts