BBC America 4K looks great! Planet Earth II Premier

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didn't notice 7.1 audio. Probably because all the dialog was directed to my right front speaker. It was extremely annoying. I switched for a moment to the BBC America HD presentation and there was no dialog issue with it; dialog was positioned from the center.

This is with a HR54 and C61K feeding a Denon x4200w AVR. AVR is configured for 7.1.2. Dolby Digital + was displayed as the incoming signal on my AVR.

The music performances before and after the Planet Earth episode did not have any sound direction issues.

Reactions: jrcart and bamasat
I didn't notice 7.1 audio. Probably because all the dialog was directed to my right front speaker. It was extremely annoying. I switched for a moment to the BBC America HD presentation and there was no dialog issue with it; dialog was positioned from the center.

This is with a HR54 and C61K feeding a Denon x4200w AVR. AVR is configured for 7.1.2. Dolby Digital + was displayed as the incoming signal on my AVR.

The music performances before and after the Planet Earth episode did not have any sound direction issues.

So sound was messed up on Directv also. Same on Dish H3, I thought they had reverb or echo on using Sony soundbar.

I should have muted the sound and just watched the picture. My eyes kept focusing on the right speaker instead of the picture.

Why was there a sound problem? Who was at fault? It seems that Dish had the same problem. Since the 1st episode will be show several times this week, will the problem still exist or was it just the first broadcast? I'll record it again and find out.

Planet Earth ll was filmed using 4K cameras. You can see the 4K emblem on the cameras sometimes ( some 4K programs use cameras with the IMAX emblem on the side ). Even though the show was shot in 4K, 95% of the Directv and Dish Network viewers will see it in 1080i. 100% of cable and OTA viewers will also see it in 1080i. The 4K viewers are limited to those having a combination of, 4K TV, specific Directv and or Dish Network equipment. There is no BBC 4K channel. You must have a dedicated 4K channel provided by Directv or Dish Network.

I recorded Planet Earth ll last night and the sound was perfect this time. If you are recording the series for your permanent 4K video library as I am, re -recording episode one should fix the audio problem.

I didn't have the sound issues other people were saying they were having. I also sit on the left side of the room so it could have been coming from the right speaker and I wouldn't of noticed as the sound would have blended in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)