BBC America and Weather Channel

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Are BBC America and Weather Channel ever coming to Sling? Both were announced several months ago and to date no show.

Also does anyone subscribe to the Epix package? Not bad to receive 6 movie channels for only $5 a month. I enjoyed the Epix free preview during August and thinking about subscribing.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The only response I received on BBC and Weather station was that negotiations didn't go as quickly they hoped to finalize the full carriage.

As for Epix, yeah, I sub to it for the basic reason you stated. the price and content of channels. It's a decent little group, not sure I would pay much more for it though. At least the epix stuff is all available on demand.

WeatherNation is already available everywhere Sling TV is, I think - or most of those places. I did note that the WN Roku App seems to add extra and frequent commercials that interrupt the live video stream :/ But at least it's free.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
WeatherNation is already available everywhere Sling TV is, I think - or most of those places. I did note that the WN Roku App seems to add extra and frequent commercials that interrupt the live video stream :/ But at least it's free.
I don't know if it's a "ROKU thing", but the WN stream is one of the most unreliable streams on my ROKU. It will open to the local weather screen, but I will often see a message that it's trying to capture the livestream. Or, when I do get what seems to be a reliable stream and I am in fullscreen mode, within 30 minutes or less fullscreen minimizes back and the app returns to the local weather screen.

I find BBC America to be one big scam, half the time we are paying for American movies and shows:
Star Trek
Man vs. Wild
Terminator 3
Transporter 2
Transporter 3
Kitchen Nightmares, just to name a few.
IMHO BBC has gone to the dogs. Paying a premium for a channel where you can get most of the content some where else.
I use Hulu. I even get Top gear. The best part I'm watching Hulu free for 3 months cause I just bought a New Roku.
A lot of the premium channels and locals channels show first run episodes the very next day on Hulu. Before you can even find it on Netflix's. I already watched the season premiere of Shameless. So I get BBC content and whole lot more form Hulu. After 3 months $7.99 which so far I say is well worth it.

Reactions: jegrant
BBC America used to actually show British programming most of the day, if not all of the day, whether it was originally from BBC, ITV, Channel 4, etc. and sadly they decided to sink to the lowest common denominator as many other networks have and show mostly American reruns with a few original shows sprinkled in. Since it's now part of the AMC group, it would be nice if they could move the reruns and etc to some of their other channels and get BBC America back to its original focus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts