BBC America no world news

I'm the OP and the one that said I wouldn't pay $3 for an "SD NEWS channel". I would very likely pay that for BBC World news which is also an HD News Channel. Please don't try to put words into my mouth.

EuroNews is also an HD news channel, but not carried in HD by Dish, so not guaranteed BBC would be HD. I'm talking about it being carried in SD. You made an assumption I was thinking it would be HD, I wasn't. Obviously all speculation since there is no sign of it being carried at all.

EuroNews is also an HD news channel, but not carried in HD by Dish, so not guaranteed BBC would be HD. I'm talking about it being carried in SD. You made an assumption I was thinking it would be HD, I wasn't. Obviously all speculation since there is no sign of it being carried at all.
If it is HD then it isn't worth having. Why bother the "competition" is HD IOW CNN, FOX etc. I just did a check on Euronews having HD and what I'm finding isn't saying that they do have an HD version. Best I could find is 16X9 (576i).

I have watched in HD a little over a month ago, and can be seen online in HD here; Euronews hd Channel Live Streaming - Country: FR | CoolStreaming

EuroNews begins broadcast in HD and 16/9 and strengthens its platform strategy | Audiovisual Panorama

It is very possible if they were to even carry BBC, the agreement would be in SD, at least to start. HD channel space is at a premium for the time being. I think you are making a mistake to discount a channel just because it is in SD. When something happens in the World, the first place I go is to EuroNews, they never fail to deliver. What does HD/SD have to do with it? (Same would apply to BBC, if that was your go to station)
But that and cost is precisely why I wrote what I did, that I have doubts even some of those that say they want BBC, really do unless it is relatively a free addition, and in HD.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)