BBC World News is available

MitchDeerfield

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2016
Florida
BBC World News is now available on Dish Anywhere but not on the regular Satellite service? Are there any other channels like that?

Maybe they will add a BBC App or a Sky news app to the Hopper 3 so we can watch it.
Similar to how the Apple TV has apps for streaming channels.
There was a press release that Dish is hiring 100 App Developers, so maybe they will do this some day?

Maybe they will add a BBC App or a Sky news app to the Hopper 3 so we can watch it.
Similar to how the Apple TV has apps for streaming channels.
There was a press release that Dish is hiring 100 App Developers, so maybe they will do this some day?
App Developers! I hope the new software hires are for GUI improvements and fix bug issues quicker. BBC should be its own HD channel IMO. Do DISH employees develop Apps? I thought Apps were something the App company sells to DISK.

i bet ya this channel could be on the uplink report for this month since Ajazeera america is closing shop who know.

Or the 24 hour caber toss competitions! With sword dance interludes by primary school kids!

Dish might soon add BBC World News since Al Jazeera America is shutting down on April 30.

Good analysis! Seems odd BBCW just shows up on Dish Anywhere. If it does come to DISH that would be one of the best channel additions in quite sometime for me. But it really needs to be in HD.

Reactions: bobvick
BBC News app is available on Amazon FireTV and there is no charge for it, so I would think others would not charge for it either.

The BBC News app is quite good but it won't allow you to live stream the BBC World News service. It does have short video clips of stories that may be a few hours old and also contains short written news reports. You have to subscribe to cablesat to get the BBC World News and it has to be part of your programming package. In other words, it is no different than Fox News or CNN in that regard. Perhaps Dish will be adding it soon because it is not a "free" news channel.

You can stream Sky News and France 24 News for free on the internet.

If those channels were part of a deal then they would have come on / around March 1st as that is when the new contract started.

I was last told no new News Channels were currently planned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)