BBC World News on 121

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
Yesterday we were watching and listening to a PBS program on one of the HD feed on on this satellite. At the end of the program they announced that the following program would be BBC World news . We were ecstatic since we come from the UK and we dont get much english news down here. Imagine our disppointment when the program started and there was video but no audio. We were using the nfusion HD in order to decode the HD signal.

Can someone please explain what was going on there. Is there some change to a setting on the nfusion that I can make to recieve audio in the future ?

Thanks for any help

Tony

AC3 audio?

Usually when you get the satellite video but no audio, it's because the audio is AC3. An HD capable receiver should decode it, but may require a connection to an external sound system with a fiber optic cable so you can hear it.

Depending on the sat receiver, you may need to connect your optical or coax sound out to your audio/video receiver, instead of the Left/Right sound out.

Our local PBS channel broadcasts a half hour BBC newcast at 11pm, so I would think it's the same.

If you don't have an A/V receiver that has optical and/or coax sound in, some have used a Sonic Voom headset to decode into Left/Right RCA output, i.e.:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Sonic-Voom-...er_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item5d27ea276d

BBC world news is on PBS Montana 12104V S4340 weekdays between 1.00-1.30 AM AST (-4 GMT) with standard audio

Its also available on the PBS feed 12169H S4444 weekday between 17.00-17.30 and 19.00-19.30 AST with AC3 audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts