BBC World News TV Channel

vdsz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
CA
I know there have been many multiple requests already posted on this forum requesting BBC World News TV Channel on Dish Network.

As some of the requests have been buried under some other titles, I wanted to reiterate the demand of BBC World News TV Channel with this new thread.

A channel like BBC World News is needed for people who are actually interested in 24 x 7 news and are not interested in opinion based talk shows on news channels.

So here again, I request Dish Network to bring BBC World News TV channel on Dish Network as soon as possible.

Thank you for your attention.

I request all the readers on this forum to reply to this thread if you are all interested in the BBC World News TV Channel for whatever reason. This can help to muster some more support.

Discovery has the rights or something. I don't think they care since FIOS is only one that has them. Suspect they make enough from PBS or something.

I have been wanting BBC World for YEARS. Agree, it would be nice to have a real newscast for 24/7 news again. Also, shows like Panorama, BBC Newsnight (available from KCET, Los Angeles to selected public TV stations), and some of the other at-length news programs and investigations and interviews on BBC World would be great to see.

The problem is that none of the MVPD's want any more SD programming and they all feel that CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC fill the bill for them. They don't want to spend the money, and HD is where it is at now. BBC World was made available to US MVPD's just a few years ago, really late in the game.

As for FiOS, they had no choice as they are were Dish was 12 years ago: with so few subscribers (no critical mass to say "NO" and really hurt a channel like DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, and Time Warner have done) and desperate to compete, they have to pay (along with AT&T) the highest rates for the channels they provide and have to take channels they don't really want, like BBC World.

My sense is that Charlie doesn't want to spend another dime on an SD news channels when he feels he already has more than enough. Now, if it were in HD, maybe a chance. The only way we are probably ever going to see BBC World outside of Verizon is if Discovery leverages its most popular channels to force Dish and others to take BBC World, which it distributes. We'll have to see. I would LOVE to have BBC World 24/7.

Last edited:
Great points DishSubLA.

A HD BBC World News 24x7 would be awesome. Dish Network should work out some deal with Discovery Communications at the earliest and should try to offer this channel for the public as soon as possible.

Anyone from Official DISH Network Support listening ? :)

I just saw a comment from maryb@Dish Network, Official DISH Network Support about the BBC World News Channel request here on another thread on EuroNews a la carte?

EuroNews a la carte?
We do get hundreds of channel requests a day here at Dish Network. Until this past week, I have had very few requests for this channel. CNN International had a few. I did put in a request for an All International News package, which I think would be a great addition to our line-up. I did request BBC World News channel for you.

Hi Mary,

Yes. I agree with you. We need an All International News Package which can include BBC World News, CNN International, EuroNews, NDTV 24x7 (NOT the NDTV Imagine), etc.

Thank you for your attention.

Anyone from Official DISH Network Support listening ? :)
I am always listening! lol I did enter separate requests for you all and I do go through the posts when new ones are added, to get all the channel requests registered here at Dish Network. As a huge news junkie, I completely understand the desire to have access to these channels. We do appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

It certainly interests me too. I'll take your advice, Scott. But I've been so disappointed in the PQ of WETA I rarely check them. It's MPT that I want.

I also interested in 24hr BBC world and sky news. Panarama would be awesome.
Talking about Panarama, some of the foreign channels actually show it.

+1

I'd subscribe to BBC World in any way it's made available - a la carte, in an international news package, whatever.

That said, if an international news package is made available, Al Jazeera English shoud be a part of it - I had the chance to watch its news feed on LinkTv and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)