BC, Canada FTA

Jexhed

Original poster
Sep 10, 2019
Malakwa
Hi Guys, not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but I am sure someone will let me know if it's not.
I am from Australia and currently holidaying in Malakwa, BC Canada for 2 months and the house is equipped with a Shaw direct dish, see attached LNB photo but no set top box.
Is it possible to access FTA TV in BC, if so what equipment i.e. set top box do I need to access FTA TV ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_154339413.jpg
    IMG_20190910_154339413.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 221
Welcome to SatelliteGuys Jexhed.

If I remember correctly, you need to set your LO to 10750 and turn 22kHz on to get that dish/LNBF to work with a FTA receiver.

Hi Guys, not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but I am sure someone will let me know if it's not.
I am from Australia and currently holidaying in Malakwa, BC Canada for 2 months and the house is equipped with a Shaw direct dish, see attached LNB photo but no set top box.
Is it possible to access FTA TV in BC, if so what equipment i.e. set top box do I need to access FTA TV ?
The Amiko receivers are good for someone starting out in FTA. Current model is the Amiko MIni HD 265. You can get one here. :)

Amiko Mini HD265 FTA Receiver DVB-S2 H.265 HEVC With NTP 5999883023525 | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KE4EST
That lnb is a xku triple extended. Uses 2nd lo on 107w. F1r lo is 10073. G1 also on 107w and f2 at 111w are standard 10750 lo. If i remember correctly, haven't played with DCII fp/zk on ku side lately.

If the dish is no longer in active use, and/or the homeowner doesn't mind you repointing the dish, search the forum for some of the discussions about four degree apart sats. For temporary use a FTA receiver and that dish should get you 97/101 with minimal fiddling.

Edit -

DOH! - Been out of regular use of FTA for a while, forgot there is nothing to see at 101 any more.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts