Be Nice it works!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
My wife who is 38 wks pregnant decides we need to save more money and calls Directv.

She said she called the CSR and wanted to know if they had any "specials" this month which would help us save on our bill.

The CSR said why yes you can save $10 bucks a month for 6 mos. because you have this and that.

Unbeknownst to me my wife does this every 6 mos. She will call and ask if there is anything D* can do for her. She says they usually come up with something. Then when it expires she waits a month a two and calls back!

Just tossed that out there as a tip for the other D* subs out there.

Id be willing to bet that if you were an E* sub and tried that same method it would work for you too.

E* is stingy when it comes to their retention dept.

D* will give away quite a bit more.

Before Rupe bought part of D* they would routinely give away the farm to keep a sub.

Don't mean to chastise anyone but I really wish that any deals subscribers get with D* should keep them private.A prime example is when somebody gave out the retention phone# it didn't take long for D* to disconnect it did it?.I was given a deal by D* because of a mistake they made.They were very generous with me which made me happy to be a D* subscriber and made me realize I should have left E* years ago.

After my deal is over I will have no problem paying for my package because I totally enjoy the programming I receive which no other provider can equal.I just feel with enough advertising you can kill the golden goose.:rolleyes:

Don't mean to chastise anyone but I really wish that any deals subscribers get with D* should keep them private.A prime example is when somebody gave out the retention phone# it didn't take long for D* to disconnect it did it?.I was given a deal by D* because of a mistake they made.They were very generous with me which made me happy to be a D* subscriber and made me realize I should have left E* years ago.

After my deal is over I will have no problem paying for my package because I totally enjoy the programming I receive which no other provider can equal.I just feel with enough advertising you can kill the golden goose.:rolleyes:

I can attest to this, it happend with the ability to subscribe to the premiums and canceling them 24 hours later, I heard it here, and repeated it, then soon, one day it was taken away.

HOWEVER, being that this is the internet, not saying anything on here [satguys] won't guarantee it won't be said elsewhere, so to be effective, you'd have to get every site to agree to not reveal certain kind of info, hell, even if you could get them to all agree, where would it end, what info should be allowed and not allowed, next thing you know, the sites are useless.

I can attest to this, it happend with the ability to subscribe to the premiums and canceling them 24 hours later, I heard it here, and repeated it, then soon, one day it was taken away.

HOWEVER, being that this is the internet, not saying anything on here [satguys] won't guarantee it won't be said elsewhere, so to be effective, you'd have to get every site to agree to not reveal certain kind of info, hell, even if you could get them to all agree, where would it end, what info should be allowed and not allowed, next thing you know, the sites are useless.

In no way am I suggesting that Satguys restrict information.My advice is for the subscribers only when D* gives them a deal.There are several other subjects that
gives this site it's unique appeal.;)

My wife who is 38 wks pregnant decides we need to save more money and calls Directv.

She said she called the CSR and wanted to know if they had any "specials" this month which would help us save on our bill.

The CSR said why yes you can save $10 bucks a month for 6 mos. because you have this and that.

Unbeknownst to me my wife does this every 6 mos. She will call and ask if there is anything D* can do for her. She says they usually come up with something. Then when it expires she waits a month a two and calls back!

Just tossed that out there as a tip for the other D* subs out there.

Id be willing to bet that if you were an E* sub and tried that same method it would work for you too.

you said your wife does this every 6 month's ? what you keep her pregnant?
i would hope that sometime or another d would catch up with your
wife's scam's,this is the kind of thing that make's it hard for the people
that do run into problem's and what want to keep there service to get
temporary help, because a lot of cs reps are leary,maybe next time the
rep will look at your intire acct.record and see what's she's trying to
pull again,i know several people that has leget problems like a death
in the family,heart attacks, so on and so on, that they had to use all
there monthly bill money for air fair, or hospital cost,they didn't want to cancell
there service just need help untill they could get caught up,example of one.
d let them keep there package, but lowered ther monthly to the lower tier.
i respect that cs rep. for helping someone that really needed it,however
your wife (if she was the one that did it) i have no respect for,just trying
to get more for less or something for nothing.

there monthly bill money for air fair, or hospital cost,they didn't want to cancell

Are you ready to get off of your soapbox now? How can simply calling in and asking if there are any available "specials" be considered a scam, ESPECIALLY if D* is willing to give them something each time?

Its not a scam. I've spent thousands with D* since 1998 so I am an A-List customer. I call every 6 months or so and ask what they can do for me. Sometimes its a free receiver and this last time I got $380 in credits. But then, I order Sunday Ticket with Super Fan and MLB with Super Fan so I spend more then the normal person. They even went through my history from 6 months ago when the gave me a $150 credit against the $299 HR20 HD DVR. So folks can take it for what we do but I look at it as a very good symbiotic relationship. I give them $1500+ per year and they throw in some credits and free channels periodically. Everyone seems happy to me.

Obviously you bumped your head while reading the post. Its not a scam. Its not like moving. Its not like complaining or threatening to leave to get something.

Since you challenged my wifes intergrity and didnt understand the original post I will use the KISS method of explaining this.

She calls and says look at our account. Are you running any specials that can be applied to our account. This time the CSR said oh you have HBO and something else..I forget which one...you are eligible to getting 10 bucks off for six months.

A couple months ago she called and they said..oh you have this and that i can give you show time.

Its like calling Verizon having them looking at your minutes and having the CSR what plan is best for you.

All I suggested to people on this forum was for them to call in periodically to see if they qualify for promotions that they may not know they currently qualify for.

I hope this simplified post makes things crystal clear for you.

As for keeping my wife pregnant sort of. We lost our first at 17 wks pregnant on March 22 last year. She is now 39 wks pregnant after being on bedrest since November. The reason I made a big deal of this is because I started a RE brokerage this year to sell the inventory that my development company has. (We condo convert apartment complexes) Anyway since its the first year for the brokerage I didnt pay the taxes quarterly and just figured out that I was going to have to cut uncle sam a check for 30k before April 15. When she heard what I owed, she was like hey I saved us 10 bucks a month. I thought it was helpful and this is by no means a scam.

Last edited:
Its not a scam. I've spent thousands with D* since 1998 so I am an A-List customer. I call every 6 months or so and ask what they can do for me. Sometimes its a free receiver and this last time I got $380 in credits. But then, I order Sunday Ticket with Super Fan and MLB with Super Fan so I spend more then the normal person. They even went through my history from 6 months ago when the gave me a $150 credit against the $299 HR20 HD DVR. So folks can take it for what we do but I look at it as a very good symbiotic relationship. I give them $1500+ per year and they throw in some credits and free channels periodically. Everyone seems happy to me.

Exactly. Im an NFL ST and Superfan guy. I have an HD DVR an SD DVR 2 other SD receivers and spend close to $1500 a year. I sub to HBO as well.

Exactly. Im an NFL ST and Superfan guy. I have an HD DVR an SD DVR 2 other SD receivers and spend close to $1500 a year. I sub to HBO as well.

Sounds like my house. Another thing they noted was that I have never been late for a payment ever. There's alot of factors that go into how they look at your standing but trust me, they dont want me going anywhere and seem fine to throw me a bone or two every now and then.

Are you ready to get off of your soapbox now? How can simply calling in and asking if there are any available "specials" be considered a scam, ESPECIALLY if D* is willing to give them something each time?

every 6 month's ? grow up jr.

Obviously you bumped your head while reading the post. Its not a scam. Its not like moving. Its not like complaining or threatening to leave to get something.

Since you challenged my wifes intergrity and didnt understand the original post I will use the KISS method of explaining this.

She calls and says look at our account. Are you running any specials that can be applied to our account. This time the CSR said oh you have HBO and something else..I forget which one...you are eligible to getting 10 bucks off for six months.

A couple months ago she called and they said..oh you have this and that i can give you show time.

Its like calling Verizon having them looking at your minutes and having the CSR what plan is best for you.

All I suggested to people on this forum was for them to call in periodically to see if they qualify for promotions that they may not know they currently qualify for.

I hope this simplified post makes things crystal clear for you.

As for keeping my wife pregnant sort of. We lost our first at 17 wks pregnant on March 22 last year. She is now 39 wks pregnant after being on bedrest since November. The reason I made a big deal of this is because I started a RE brokerage this year to sell the inventory that my development company has. (We condo convert apartment complexes) Anyway since its the first year for the brokerage I didnt pay the taxes quarterly and just figured out that I was going to have to cut uncle sam a check for 30k before April 15. When she heard what I owed, she was like hey I saved us 10 bucks a month. I thought it was helpful and this is by no means a scam.

no, i understood your first post, and your second post, and your third post,

as far as your second post,sorry about the 30k you owe the goverment,
guess there are not as easy as d* uh,and IF i understand your third post right
just because you choose to spend 1500./mo with D* then they should give you free stuff a couple of times a yr. to keep your bussiness.and no i'm not saying
that your wife said she would cancell if they didn't give her something.let me know when you start giving your inventory away.

The Government isnt as generous. Actually I its kinda funny...I make so much more money than you so I pay so much more money than you. You would think that they would give me a break because I contribute more to this country than others. I employ 8 sales people and develop affordable housing in an extremely expensive housing market. As for owing the money...I have the money...sitting there ready to go.

I guess what this really comes down to is that you are a troll and like to see what you write in print.

There isnt anything wrong with asking a company, "Whats the best you can do for me.?" or "Do you have any specials that you are running now that coincide with what I am subscribing too?

Oh and to correct you again it was 1500 a year not month.

But then again facts never matter to a troll.

I hope your wife knows that every time D* gives you $10 off for 6 mos it extends 1 year to your commitment.

I hope your wife knows that every time D* gives you $10 off for 6 mos it extends 1 year to your commitment.

Well I appreciate you looking out for my family. In this case thats just wrong.

Besides if I decide to switch I pay the $300 bucks which Ive already saved a bunch of money on from working with D* and move on.

Its wild. I started this thread looking out for people here. Figuring if people called to see what specials they may qualify for it would help people.

Ive been accused of being some sort of scam artist. Ive been told to be quiet about deals and keep them to myself, and my ability to pay my own taxes has been questioned.

I say lock the thread. You deserved what you get. If you cant comprehend calling a company to see if you are getting the best deal possible then you dont deserve to save any money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts