Beautiful Dish Painting!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
My daughter and two of her cousins painted my 6 foot Prodelin today! :cheer2:

(BTW, my daughter is in the teal shirt)

I asked them to paint it - - - but not to tell me what they had planned (I said it had to be within reason) - - - I also said it could NOT be pink. I purchased oil based paint in the colors they specified - - - and here are the results!!

I could not be happier with the outcome! :up

Attachments

• Beautiful-Dish.jpg
    Beautiful-Dish.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 3BeautiesAnd-A-Dish.jpg
    3BeautiesAnd-A-Dish.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 399
Very nice. Good way to bond the family, too. - :up

There are a lot of those 6'ers around.
Maybe they'd want to come up with ideas (artwork) for others?

Or, maybe some of our members (some have two or more) would like to compete! ;)
I never really gave any thought to what I'd want on a dish... so now the wheels are turning.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LIKE !! Very much!

See, this is something that I had thought about doing a long time ago when I first started messing with this! I kind of got sidetracked and never go around to it. But this inspires me to get off my fat duff and do it!

VERY NICE!!!

One Update

Someone in the family suggested that the pole be dark brown so the whole thing would look like a big plant. As we were doing that we decided the wooden arm is a branch so it was painted dark brown as well. The support arms also got the dark brown treatment - - - but the feed horn was spray painted with a hammered metal spray paint - - - that we found in the shed.

Helper included in PIX.

Attachments

• BeautifulDish&Dog.jpg
    BeautifulDish&Dog.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 246
You know, they could make a fair amount of money doing decorative dish cover designs if they really wanted. Right now, there's only dish covers available for pizza dishes but the designs are quite non-creative (i.e. sport team logos, flags, etc...) so there's a significant business opportunity here!

It would be awesome to have covers for all dish sizes as well. You never know, they could possibly transform a BUD to a BBD (Big Beautiful Dish)!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts