Becoming a retailer

Bilbo Baggins`

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Oregon
So I got accepted by DIRECTV to be a retailer but I was reading the contract and apparently they control every aspect of your business, can't run unauthorized promotions, can't do legal cold calling, can't hire contractors, can't sell DISH or any competing TV service.... so I want to check out DISH, but there is no retailer support number that I have found. There is RSI, but I went through the DIRECTV application process with DSI and they majorly screwed up my application, put that I was doing my own installs, no international packages, messed up mailing address, and more.
Does DISH micromanage everything like DIRECTV? Can I still do cold calling (honoring DNC list)? Do I have to do installs? (I don't want to do installs).

So I got accepted by DIRECTV to be a retailer but I was reading the contract and apparently they control every aspect of your business, can't run unauthorized promotions, can't do legal cold calling, can't hire contractors, can't sell DISH or any competing TV service.... so I want to check out DISH, but there is no retailer support number that I have found. There is RSI, but I went through the DIRECTV application process with DSI and they majorly screwed up my application, put that I was doing my own installs, no international packages, messed up mailing address, and more.
Does DISH micromanage everything like DIRECTV? Can I still do cold calling (honoring DNC list)? Do I have to do installs? (I don't want to do installs).
Hmm. Can't hire contractors? Does that mean as a retailer you have to self install?
I worked for a retailer.
Neither satco will allow their retailer to sell the competitor's brand. I worked for a retailer that sold both. The other sales were under a DBA.

Dish treats you a lot worse than Directv.

You can telemarket with Dish, but the advantage stops there.

Granted it's better to sell both, but when you see the level of respect from Dish vs Directv, you will see Directv is the better choice.

I sell comcast also and they are the best

Granted it's better to sell both, but when you see the level of respect from Dish vs Directv, you will see Directv is the better choice.

So that is your take as a retailer, what is your take as a consumer?

Go to retailer.dish.com and you can inquire about becoming a new retailer there. I strongly suggest being a dealer that gets their equipment from a distributor. They can be very helpful. As for selling both Dish and Direct, there is absolutely no reason why you can't do both. In fact Dish encourages it. The main rules is that you can not flip your customers, you must try and keep that customer with their current provider if they say they have an issue. This of course is very hard for them to monitor though.

The two companies are pretty similar but I think that Dish can be a little harder to manage. Dish has a lot of business rules and pricing structures. I think DirecTV keeps theirs a little more simplified.

Claude, weren't you fired as a Dish retailer? I guess the would explain most of your posts on this site!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hall and bamasat
They should abolish the big name retailers. Infinity, DishOne(I know they own 51%), and any of the multi state large names. Seems they cause more trouble then it's worth(personal opinion, do not have their records to back it up). It just seems if there were more retailers like Schermann and even Claude, that there would be a stronger customer base. For me, it comes down to quality over quantity, but that may not be the particular outlook dish or DTV take on that specific department.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts