Becoming an installer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

poorboy08

Original poster
May 8, 2006
Westminster, MD
I'm looking into becoming a DTV installer under my own company. Besides getting the company up and running, what are the requirements and proper steps for being a certified DTV installer?
TIA!

$500,000+ liability insurance
store front (pics required)
application completed from retailer.directv.com
above average personal credit score
about 6 months time
a lot of prayer

poorboy08 said:
I'm looking into becoming a DTV installer under my own company. Besides getting the company up and running, what are the requirements and proper steps for being a certified DTV installer?
TIA!
If you work for an HSP like MASTEC then you will be a POOR BOY.:D :D

Most places requiring $1,000,000 liability. The work isnt there anymore as most work is going HSP and the work that is left, the pay is so crappy you cant make any money between gas and all the "extras" they want done for free. Basically, you want to make money? Dont bother heading down the sat installer road, and ive been doing them since the Big dish days. :(

Local mastec gave me a call a couple of weeks ago asking if we wanted to pick up some work for them, then he told me their rates and i fell over laughing. Their out of their minds.

I noticed you said you wanted to become a certified installer. If you have never done this before and plan on starting your own business right off well, you will fail. Plain as that. Just going to a certification class and being told how to do something is not enough. You have to have experience and a lot of knowledge just to trouble shoot a basic problem. You have came to the right place for knowledge but experience is something you have to get on your own. There is not enough information anywere on how to approach every situation you will run into.

I am not trying to be an a$$hole just telling you the simple truth.:)

If you install for someone else than you get paid per Job, with no chargebacks.

Sign up and install Directv customers for your own company your on the hook for chargebacks for 1 year. Customer cancels within 6 months, they take back everything including your install payment!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)