Beginners luck or am I doing something right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greysquirrel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
After I reset my motor I am able to scan from AMC 5 all the way to G10R and hit all satellites and get lots of stations. When I got to G10R, after reading all the problems people have and not getting anything on it before I had apprehensions that I still would get nothing, but lo and behold I got 26 stations that I can watch and a couple that I can't, so I feel pretty good about things right now. And the PQ is great seeing as I am watching it on an old 13 inch CRT set in my basement office, can't wait to move it up to my 50 inch DLP HDTV but that will have to wait till I do a lot of editing of all the unwanted channels I have right now. I also want to check out Lyngsat to see what channels I am missing and do a blind scan on those satellites.

I do have one question. Why when the quality is low on some channels 48-50 I get a good picture and on some stations at 68 I get nothing, is it that those stations are off the air, which I surmised or is there another reason.
Thanks to all that helped me and especially to Iceberg because without his postings I would have had a longer and harder learning curve and also to this forum which has a plethora of information on it.
Thanks All. And I will be back looking for more information I'm pretty sure of that.

Congrats! Last I looked on G10, I think there were around 40 or so viewable stations. 43 kinda sticks in my mind, not sure. Glad it is working for you!

possible the channel is scrambled or a data channel. Data channels seem to be really high on the signal meter but do not have any channels

lets see...channels on G10 is around 40
16 channels on 11800 TP (Equity)
16 on 11720 TP (Equity)
1 on 12104 TP (Equity)
1 on 12114 (Equity)
2 on 11805 (Research & UWTV)
1 on TP eascapes me (Univision Yakima)

Throw in 1/2 dozen scrambled channels and that's G10

...missing the 11720 Equity mux...

Had the same problem. Everything about the dish install was correct but the post was "half a bubble off". Worried with the dad gum thing for a week and decided to replumb the post. Like magic, found the 11720 mux. That told me that everything has to be right on the money for G10 and these small dishes.

I believe you'll find something is off just "half a bubble" somewhere.

Harold

My guess would be, he's missing the 11720 Equity mux? That would put the numbers about right.

Al

Your right on the money, I was missing 11720 so I did a TP scan and got another 16 channels, I now all I am missing according to Icebergs list is the Yakima station on 11966 and it's not listed in my box so I put it in but I don't know the symbol rate so I used 1000, 2000 and 2600 with no luck but then again I get a low signal quality reading on that TP and I think I can live without it.
Thanks guys for letting me know what I should have on G10.

Status
Please reply by conversation.