beginning to think i made mistake going to direct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jefte1

Original poster
Oct 18, 2013
south carolina
I have had my hr34 for appx. 6 weeks now and the first month I had great results.but here lately my nbc station which is out of Greenville sc, has started messing up. I thought it was just the local news ,which I wAtch after it has been recorded.during playback, there was pixelaztion thru out the news,sometimes so bad it wasn't worth wAtching.than there are times no problems.today I was watching Steve Harvey live,and it started the same pixel problem thru out the show. I had watched other nbc shows thru out the day and no problems.my daughter still has her hopper from dish and no problems. I never had this problem with my hopper. If it keeps up I may bite the early cancellation fee and get rid of direct. I have tried even resetting system and completely unplugging to no avail.I am getting tired of not being able to watch my shows because of this, so if this keeps happening ,next week I'm calling dish to reactivate my other hopper. Good thing I decided to keep both hoppers.ppl

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a known problem with some NBC stations, prime time programs and the HR34. DirecTV and NBC are supposedly working on a fix but it hasn't been rolled out yet

This is just happening on my nbc station, no others are affected.my have to call them and see about them sending me a hr44

Your odds of getting an HR44 is better if a tech comes out and you ask specifically since you had problems with the 34. Anything shipped to you will just be whatever is on top of the pallet, they don't always differentiate models.

The NBC issue ONLY happens on D*, I highly doubt it's the station. I have 2 NBC on D* and 1 OTA. One flutters occasionally, regardless of weather, but not as bad as others have described in their markets. I stopped watching Revolution because of it, however. The other one is SV and SD-only and the audio-video sync is so off, I didn't include it in my favorites list. I do deal with Sunday Night Football. The OTA NBC flutters since it has co-channel RF interference, so that's not an option. The two that D* provide do not reach me OTA so I can't compare, but TWC and U-Verse do NOT have any NBC issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)