Behavorial Marketing and Tivo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bowtieman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
This is an article in my local newspaper this am. It' s quite a bit longer than this but this is the primary focus. It is called affinity marketing.

It looks like interactive ads will soon be showing up on TV's with digital links. Beginning next year Tivo will give consumers an electronic wink and nudge. Tivo users speeding through a recorded commerical will soon see visual tags linked to the advertiser they are trying to evade. These tags will be on the screen as long as the commerical speeds by.

It also give the one the impression that it will not only be satellite but cable customers as well who are affected.

This is a link that will give you some information about it.

http://www.clickz.com/experts/media/behavioral_marketing/article.php/3427111

So ?

If I still can FF thru the commercials just as fast I will give the pop-up ads as much attention as I am giving the FF-ed commercial...not a big deal at all.

There is another thread on this board, but as I read it ANY & ALL TiVo devices. This is what happens when good products get "partnered-up". The day TiVo partnered with the likes of NBC you should have see it coming. Switch to ReplayTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts