Being Human

IMO, a vampire, werewolf and ghost series should be very dark. I can already get the campy scary from Supernatural and Dr Who. Id also like to see haven have some dark, Xfiles type, episodes. Next season of Torchwood is going to be darker too.

I liked the pilot of the US version. It is hard to judge since one wants to compare to the UK version. There are a lot of similarites and some differences. It will be a while before I know which one I like better.

The US wasn't too bad. The most annoying thing to me was the new names. It's not like this was originally a Japanese show with non-anglo names. What was wrong with Mitchell, George, Annie, Lauren, and Herrick? Kept confusing me when they referred to people by names.

If the story lines were different I could see it, but the US pilot followed the British pilot exactly. So why change the names?

btw, Series 3 comes out soon in the UK. BBC-A will probably show it quickly, as they've been showing things almost at the same time as the BBC lately.

While the Syfy ones seems okay, if you've seen the BBC one, it might not be worth the time as they're just using the scripts from the BBC. It appears that the first season will just be the first 2 series of the original (based on the previews of the upcoming season shown at the end of the first episode, I recognized about 4 or 5 episodes scenarios from the original show). If it was being done differently it might be worth the time, but not if it's exactly the same.

The UK versions season 4 premiere was this week in the UK. It will premiere over here on BBC America on Feb 25.

edit: Just finished watching it and lots of changes in store for everyone.

Last edited:
'Being Human' canceled by BBC after five seasons

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/02/being-human-canceled-by-bbc-after-five-seasons.html

"Being Human" is coming to an end on the U.K.'s BBC Three. The successful supernatural drama airs in the U.S. on BBC America and spawned an Americanized adaptation that's currently in Season 3 on Syfy.

The U.K. original premiered its fifth season Feb. 3 in the U.K. but the BBC announced that this year's finale will wrap up the show with an "apocalyptic end."

Well they changed out the cast members it made a big difference with the show. I suppose Aiden had to run off and be a dwarf was the beginning of the end of the show.

Anyone still watching the US version of Being Human? I caught up with the first two seasons on Netflix before staying current with new episodes on SyFy for seasons 3 and now 4. It's really become one of my favorite shows right now, and it proved worth suffering through the first 3-4 episodes of the first season when all the characters did was whine about their situation. There have been a lot of interesting and significant (and rather dark) developments and twists along the way to stay interesting.

I tried watching the UK version on NF after watching the first season of the US version, but just couldn't get into it. My mind was constantly comparing the two, especially how much better looking (IMO) the actors in the US version are. In the 20 mins of the only UK episode I watched, most the supporting cast looked like rejects from a World of Warcraft convention. I hope it got better, because I know the UK can do better.

Been following this series since day 1. Never had an interest in the BBC version. As you mentioned the whining does get to be a bit much. Always love Sally. To quote a line from the old ghost series Topper "She's the ghostess with the mostess!" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts