Bell 5900 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rougewhite&blue

Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Over the weekend, my Bell 5900 lost some programmed VuPass recordings. Luckily, I caught the problem in time and was able to record the programs manually, but when I tried to use the Search function on the receiver, it could not locate programming for TSN.

I can still view and record TSN, and its programming still shows in the guide, but the Search function of the receiver does not find anything from the channel.

Anyone have any ideas why/how this could happen?

Thanks for any help,
Jack

P.S.--Is there a way to make the receiver refresh the guide or force it to download the guide info again?

to force a guide either do a reboot (press and hold the power button on the unit for 10 seconds then let go) or as I have done on Dish boxes is this.

Does the 5900 have ajust the 2 day guide or does Bell have an extended one? If just the 2 day guide when you have the guide up press "44 right arrow" which skips to 44 hours ahead and most likely will download the guide. It works on a Dish box to do that

It has an extended guide. Usually it's good for a full week ahead.

I'll try the power button to see if it forces a new download.

Still not sure that'll have any effect on the Search function, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)