Bell 6100 freezing and lock up issues

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
I know I'm not the only one experiencing problems as one of the guys I work with is as well as a few other people I know. When watching any of the HD channels the picture will freeze for approx. 1-5 seconds while the audio continues as normal. Then the picture will jump ahead and catch up with the audio. It happens as often as every 5 minutes to as long as maybe every 20 minutes with seemingly no rhyme or reason.
I've also had the picture completely freeze (HD or SD) and I am unable to perform any function with the remote or on the front panel of the unit. The only solution is to either unplug the receiver or do the reset (hold the power button on the panel for 10 seconds) until it powers off and reboots.

So I called Express-Vu about it last night and had a CSR tell me in broken English to do the reset or to unplug the unit. When I told her I'd already done that she went on to recommend that I reset or unplug the unit again as if she hadn't heard a word I had just told her. It was obvious that I wasn't getting anywhere with her so I thanked her for her time and hung up

Has anyone else been having problems like this and if so what has become of it. Furthermore, does anyone know why this is happening? I know it's not limited to my model of receiver, I know of 9200s that this is happening to as well.

Yes, I think that's close to what's happening. Although my picture just freezes for the 1-3 seconds instead of blacking out as one person had said. I had thought that perhaps it was an issue with Bell themselves, thanks for the link!
Someone I work with is having the exact issues I am with his 9200. He notices it a lot more than I do as he watches a lot more tv than I do.

Elena, looks like that forum is not very well attended. I had never heard of it before this. Too bad, it would be much more beneficial if it were better attended.

I agree. I know for sure that any problem mentioned on that forum closely checked by expressvu tech guys, even if they do not reply/confirm. It is hard for them to check every forum on the Internet, so now we can complain direct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)