Bell 91 & 82

domando1069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
I am visiting my son in Charleston SC, I am from Ontario, Canada. I have my bell in my RV and I can't get Nimiq 82. I can get Nimiq 91. I had both of them when i sayed in Pennsylvania? Is my unit that lines up in RV not working?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

The footprint for 82 is bad once you cross into the states
It works fine near the Canadian border but SHARPLY cuts off after that....in SC you wont get 82W

Thanks Iceburg. It's kind of strange, they let you watch whats on 91 here in SC, but not 82. Go figure, and they wonder why us nice Canadians want to get Dish Net legally, because I know people up here that can get Dish no problem with good reception. Legal sub, as a lot of Americans have camps up my way and they bring their stuff with them. OK enuff ranting.
Thanks again Iceberg

it has to do with the satellite. Bell bought an old Directv satellite and shifted the footprint north. When they shifted the footprint to cover all of Canada it cut off pretty much the whole southern US.

Nimiq1 which is at 91W was built for all of Canada/US coverage....The Directv satellite only was the US and a smidge of Canada. So picture the US and now shift that footprint north to cover all of Canada. Most of the US is not covered anymore

it has to do with the satellite. Bell bought an old Directv satellite and shifted the footprint north. When they shifted the footprint to cover all of Canada it cut off pretty much the whole southern US.

Nimiq1 which is at 91W was built for all of Canada/US coverage....The Directv satellite only was the US and a smidge of Canada. So picture the US and now shift that footprint north to cover all of Canada. Most of the US is not covered anymore

I thought that Nimiq 4 was a newly launched satellite.:confused:

I thought that Nimiq 4 was a newly launched satellite.:confused:

It is pretty new, launched Sept 20th, 2008. Once Bell TV launched Nimiq4 the footprint was titled north to have the main focus on all of Canada. The southern states are either on the fringe or not in the footprint at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)