Bell ExpressVu advice needed

jt3803

Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
South Texas
I live in south Texas (San Antonio area) and I have a subscription to Bell ExpressVu through a friend who lives in Canada. We recently sold our house and I had to leave my dish with the house - that was an older 18" round dish with only one LNB.

I also have an Dish Pro elliptical dish with a dual band LNBF and a single LNB that someone had left by the dumpster at a nearby apartment complet; the dish looked brand new, so I picked it up, thinking it would work for me. Yesterday, I hund the dish on the side of the house and hooked up the single LNB to my receiver; I am getting a decent signal (in the 70s) for Nimiq 91. But when I look at 82, I get the message Wrong Sat - Nimiq 91.

I did a little bit of research on the net yesterday and my understanding is I need to use 2 lnb's. I point the one that is in the middle to 91W and with the skew adjustment, I should be able to pick up 82W.

My understanding is I also need a switch (SW21). I plan on using only one received, so this should be an easy set up. My question to you is can I use the 2 LNB's that I have or should I buy something else.

Thanks in advance for your help.

here is the info

1) the dish is eliptical and says 'Dish Network Plus'

2) in the center, there is what I think is a DP Dual band LNBF with 2 connectors, one that says '2D' and one that says '1F'; it is dish pro.

3) to the left (when facing the dish), there is a single LNB - also dish pro. Currently, this is the only one that is hooked up to the receiver. I have no switch, but the plan was to get both satellites (91W and 82W) and get a switch.

The receiver that I am using is a model 5100.

Thanks for your help.

1) the dish is eliptical and says 'Dish Network Plus'

2) in the center, there is what I think is a DP Dual band LNBF with 2 connectors, one that says '2D' and one that says '1F'; it is dish pro.

3) to the left (when facing the dish), there is a single LNB - also dish pro. Currently, this is the only one that is hooked up to the receiver. I have no switch, but the plan was to get both satellites (91W and 82W) and get a switch.

The receiver that I am using is a model 5100.
Okay, the Dish you are using is designed for 110/118(FSS)/119.
You can get it to work by, using the 2D output for 91 and the single LNB for 82.
Do not use the 1F connection, as Bell does not use FSS satellites.

You'll need a switch to get both Satellites, but since the 5900 (510) is an SD reciever, you should be able to get by with only 91 (all the HD is on 82).

Note, since you're using DishPro, you'll need a DP switch, the SW21 is Legacy and won't work.
Personally I would swap the Dish Plus dish out for a Dish 500 with a DPP Twin, so you'll have the switch built into the Lnb.

I was just working on that

I looked up the information on this set up and figured that if it worked for 110 and 119, it should also work for 82 and 91. I got the main pointing at 91 but I can't get 82 - perhaps it is because I am too far south.

At my old house, I was using 91 only and it worked just fine - not sure why it is telling me that I also need to see 82....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts