List of HD channels in standard packages but NOT Turbo HD???

teddyoh

Original poster
May 31, 2009
Cincinnati
I am having Dish Network installed at my new house next week. I am already signed up for the Turbo HD Gold package with locals.

I am just now reading a lot about many HD channels that Dish offers on it's standard packages that are NOT available on Turbo HD packages. However, I can't seem to find a list of these channels. Can anyone point me in the right direction??? For that matter, I can't seem to even find current, updated lists of all Dish channels.

Does anybody know what my options are for modifying my package before it is installed? Can I still back out of Dish alltogether if I decide to before install? I am getting nervous that I may have made a mistake in selecting Turbo HD Gold, and even Dish over DirecTV.

By the way, if Dish eliminated Turbo HD as many are speculating, will I still be able to get it, or will I have to pick a new package?

To be honest, the only reason I picked Dish over DirecTV is for the all HD option. I hate sorting though all the non HD garbage. The bit of savings was a small factor too.

By the way, if Dish eliminated Turbo HD as many are speculating, will I still be able to get it, or will I have to pick a new package?

To be honest, the only reason I picked Dish over DirecTV is for the all HD option. I hate sorting though all the non HD garbage. The bit of savings was a small factor too.

I see they still have this link for Turbo

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

I am having Dish Network installed at my new house next week. I am already signed up for the Turbo HD Gold package with locals.

I am just now reading a lot about many HD channels that Dish offers on it's standard packages that are NOT available on Turbo HD packages. However, I can't seem to find a list of these channels. Can anyone point me in the right direction??? For that matter, I can't seem to even find current, updated lists of all Dish channels.

HD channels in Classic but not Turbo Packages

Turbo Bronze: Fox News, Nick, MTV, VH1
Turbo Silver: FX, Speed, BET
Turbo Gold: Fox Business News

Does anybody know what my options are for modifying my package before it is installed? Can I still back out of Dish alltogether if I decide to before install? I am getting nervous that I may have made a mistake in selecting Turbo HD Gold, and even Dish over DirecTV.
You usually can make any changes up until the install. Sometimes the install will be rescheduled if there are hardware changes, etc.

So I did an online chat with Dish to check on this issue. They 100% confirmed that new HD channels are being added to Dish Classic plans, but not Turbo HD. They could not provide me with a list of current channels at all, so I couldn't compare!!!

I decided that the extra cost after 6 months as a new customer was okay (the intro offer on Classic packages is actually bigger so the intro monthly fee is cheaper) and changed to Classic package with Gold HD add on. I now have all HD channels except the Platinum add ons with are not anything I would watch, and some of the premiums.

Check out this hilarious chat attached for details...

Attachments

• Dish Chat.doc
    40 KB · Views: 188
I'm beginning to think the whole Turbo thing was a huge bait-and-switch pitch against DirecTV. Convince them that Dish in the HD future then just laugh at them once they sign up and tell them they have to go back to the old just-as-expensive-as-directTV packages if they want the new stuff.

I'm beginning to think the whole Turbo thing was a huge bait-and-switch pitch against DirecTV. Convince them that Dish in the HD future then just laugh at them once they sign up and tell them they have to go back to the old just-as-expensive-as-directTV packages if they want the new stuff.

I don't think E* has a history of forcing people into new packages by cancelling old ones. They usually just grandfather subscribers. I hope they continue doing so if they drop the Turbo packages.

I'm beginning to think the whole Turbo thing was a huge bait-and-switch pitch against DirecTV.
BINGO! :mad:

Supposedly, Dish Network was made aware of the issue at the Team Summit, and they are working on a fix. That was over a month ago and all my recent questions to the person that passed on that news have gone unanswered -- so at this point it appears Dish Network is just lying trying to string people along (which wouldn't be the first time they have done that).

I'll be leaving them as soon as my commitment is up and will NEVER return to them now that I know they regularly lie to their customers (and potential customers) and employ bait-and-switch tactics. :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts