Bell Expressvu bizarre problem

jeepster

Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
Ontario
We have a King Dome automatic satellite dome on our motorhome. Our system is Bell Expressvu with two 5900 PVRs. It's been working fine for four years. Just last week we lost signal for several stations on the receiver-1, yet they all came in on receiver-2. Not only that, when receiver-2 was tuned to those missing channels, they miraculously worked on receiver-1. We checked out all our connections, rebooted both receivers, and switched them around but there was no change. Any help would be appreciated.

its a bad cable. My neighbor has the EXACT same problem with his Directv system

one receiver will only work when the other is on the same polarity. We changed LNB's and swapped the receivers. I hooked his "bad" receiver to my Directv dish (I had an extra port available on the LNB) and the receiver works fine. So we have to change the cable when the snow melts :)

its a bad cable. My neighbor has the EXACT same problem with his Directv system

one receiver will only work when the other is on the same polarity. We changed LNB's and swapped the receivers. I hooked his "bad" receiver to my Directv dish (I had an extra port available on the LNB) and the receiver works fine. So we have to change the cable when the snow melts :)

I agree whole heartedly with iceberg. i had similar problem with my shaw direct system. it wasn't the cable per se, rather the connector wasn't making good contact with the inner shield at the LNB. I previously used a crimper. I bought a new compression connector and problem was fixed.

Bell problem

Thanks Iceberg and Frenchophile. Wasn't expecting such speedy responses! Will check the connector and cable and hopefully the situation will correct. :)

Just a follow-up...Iceberg & Frenchophile you were both right. The connectors and the cable were both toast. We replaced both and all our stations are back. Thanks again!

sweet :)
Glad it was something simple (unless that cable was a PITA to run) :)

Its just eerie that my neighbor had the EXACT same thing happen so when you posted I was like "damn sounds like my neighbor" :)