Bell Expressvu - Trouble setting up 2nd HD PVR, SW44 with 2 LNBs, 4 connections - Unable to see 2nd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mardude

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Canada
Hi There,

I resently set up a new Bell 9241 HD PVR in my system. Along with that I currently have a 9200 HD PVR using 2 of the outputs [for the dual tuners] on a legacy SW44 switch. I have 2 Dual LNBs coming off of the Dish feeding 4 lines into the SW44 switch.

The SW44 switch is working fine with the 9200 and able to pick up both satellites. I'm feeding port 1 and 2 into the 9200. I have the switch power inverter connected on port 1, as required. I performed the Check Dish process on this receiver and everything checks out fine. It's seeing all 4 ports and the SW44 switch on both sets of ports.

The 9241 is only able to see the 82 [or 91?] Satellite [port 1] and is not showing that the SW44 is present. When I bring up the guide for my HD channels everything is showing as "unavailable" and not showing any of the program names. It is showing the lines indicating the HD channels.
I have run multiple check dish processes and performed a full reset on the receiver a number of times and the problem still doesn't go away and it's still only seeing one satellite. Before I installed this receiver, I had a 6131 HD receiver connected to the same cable and it was working ??? I'm moving that one to another room.

I have not tried hooking up the 9241 in place of the 9200 to see if it works fine using those lines. I will try that next.

I noticed in another thread that some have used the newer DPP LNBs and splitters. I have a 20" inch dish mounted on the hip of my roof. I heard the DPP LNBs are heavier that the standard LNBs. Are they heavy enough that my mount might not hold them ?

At the end of the day I want to be able to hook up 2 HD PVRs [9241 using only one tuner, 9242 dual tuner] and a 6131 HD receiver. This should be doable using the existing SW44 ... right ?

Thanks,
Mario

I noticed in another thread that some have used the newer DPP LNBs and splitters. I have a 20" inch dish mounted on the hip of my roof. I heard the DPP LNBs are heavier that the standard LNBs. Are they heavy enough that my mount might not hold them ?
The LNB works fine and doesnt weight much more than an existing one

The issue is you are trying to hook up 5 lines to a system that only allows 4 max. The dual tuner units with the system you have require 2 lines to work properly

You have a couple options
-simplest is run the 4 lines to the 2 DVR's and set up a second dish for the 6131
-switch everything to Dish Pro. This would require a Dish Pro Twin LNB and a DPP44+ (do DP33) switch. You would swap out the LNB's that you currently have for a DP Twin LNB. Run both lines from the LNB to the DPP33 or DPP44 switch (you only need two lines)
on the 2 DVR's (dual tuner) use a DishPro separator. Then you only need one cable from the switch to the receiver. So the DPP33 could support all 3 receivers. The 2 DVR's have separators on them.

Here are Ebay items as example
DPP33
dpp 33 switch | eBay

DPP44
dpp44 | eBay

Dish Separator
dish separator | eBay

I have tested the DPP33 on Bell TV and have come to the conclusion it is not worth buying. Better to get the DPP44. One supplier I was buying them from actually stopped selling them to Bell Customers because of the problems.

I can only guess this is because Bell do not use this switch, therefore there is a line of code missing in the software.

I am experiencing a very similar problem!
I have 2 - 6131's that won't detect 91.
I have my friends dish that is pointed at 91 and when I hook my dish that is pointed at 82 to the sw 21 switch and do a test, it doesn't recognize the switch.
I tried to hook the dish pointed to 91 directly to the receiver, it won't recognize it!
When I hook the dish pointed to 82. I shows an error now, and I only get about 30% of my channels!
Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?
I have another friend that has had the same problem, and spent 3 hrs on the phone with Bell support with no solutions!
They told him that it is the problem with the reciever

Try removing the Sat feed cable, run a Check Switch, when it fails, connect the Sat feed again, run Check Switch again. See if that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)