Bell Expressvu - Trouble setting up 2nd HD PVR, SW44 with 2 LNBs, 4 connections - Unable to see 2nd

Mardude

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Canada
Hi There,

I resently set up a new Bell 9241 HD PVR in my system. Along with that I currently have a 9200 HD PVR using 2 of the outputs [for the dual tuners] on a legacy SW44 switch. I have 2 Dual LNBs coming off of the Dish feeding 4 lines into the SW44 switch.

The SW44 switch is working fine with the 9200 and able to pick up both satellites. I'm feeding port 1 and 2 into the 9200. I have the switch power inverter connected on port 1, as required. I performed the Check Dish process on this receiver and everything checks out fine. It's seeing all 4 ports and the SW44 switch on both sets of ports.

The 9241 is only able to see the 82 [or 91?] Satellite [port 1] and is not showing that the SW44 is present. When I bring up the guide for my HD channels everything is showing as "unavailable" and not showing any of the program names. It is showing the lines indicating the HD channels.
I have run multiple check dish processes and performed a full reset on the receiver a number of times and the problem still doesn't go away and it's still only seeing one satellite. Before I installed this receiver, I had a 6131 HD receiver connected to the same cable and it was working ??? I'm moving that one to another room.

I have not tried hooking up the 9241 in place of the 9200 to see if it works fine using those lines. I will try that next.

I noticed in another thread that some have used the newer DPP LNBs and splitters. I have a 20" inch dish mounted on the hip of my roof. I heard the DPP LNBs are heavier that the standard LNBs. Are they heavy enough that my mount might not hold them ?

At the end of the day I want to be able to hook up 2 HD PVRs [9241 using only one tuner, 9242 dual tuner] and a 6131 HD receiver. This should be doable using the existing SW44 ... right ?

Thanks,
Mario

I noticed in another thread that some have used the newer DPP LNBs and splitters. I have a 20" inch dish mounted on the hip of my roof. I heard the DPP LNBs are heavier that the standard LNBs. Are they heavy enough that my mount might not hold them ?
The LNB works fine and doesnt weight much more than an existing one

The issue is you are trying to hook up 5 lines to a system that only allows 4 max. The dual tuner units with the system you have require 2 lines to work properly

You have a couple options
-simplest is run the 4 lines to the 2 DVR's and set up a second dish for the 6131
-switch everything to Dish Pro. This would require a Dish Pro Twin LNB and a DPP44+ (do DP33) switch. You would swap out the LNB's that you currently have for a DP Twin LNB. Run both lines from the LNB to the DPP33 or DPP44 switch (you only need two lines)
on the 2 DVR's (dual tuner) use a DishPro separator. Then you only need one cable from the switch to the receiver. So the DPP33 could support all 3 receivers. The 2 DVR's have separators on them.

Here are Ebay items as example
DPP33
dpp 33 switch | eBay

DPP44
dpp44 | eBay

Dish Separator
dish separator | eBay

I have tested the DPP33 on Bell TV and have come to the conclusion it is not worth buying. Better to get the DPP44. One supplier I was buying them from actually stopped selling them to Bell Customers because of the problems.

I can only guess this is because Bell do not use this switch, therefore there is a line of code missing in the software.

I am experiencing a very similar problem!
I have 2 - 6131's that won't detect 91.
I have my friends dish that is pointed at 91 and when I hook my dish that is pointed at 82 to the sw 21 switch and do a test, it doesn't recognize the switch.
I tried to hook the dish pointed to 91 directly to the receiver, it won't recognize it!
When I hook the dish pointed to 82. I shows an error now, and I only get about 30% of my channels!
Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?
I have another friend that has had the same problem, and spent 3 hrs on the phone with Bell support with no solutions!
They told him that it is the problem with the reciever

Try removing the Sat feed cable, run a Check Switch, when it fails, connect the Sat feed again, run Check Switch again. See if that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)