Bell ExpressVu?

drew2005

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Hi, I live in the US and have E* with 2 dual tuner recievers (522 & 322) and a 500 (110 & 119) and a 300 (61.5 i think, for locals). I hear that it is legal to recieve Bell ExpressVu (of Canada) if you live in the US. My question is how would I do it, and what equipment do I need, and what channels could I recieve, also will this limit me from recieving my current channels. Thanx ppl, and I wanna keep it legal!

drew2005 said:
Hi, I live in the US and have E* with 2 dual tuner recievers (522 & 322) and a 500 (110 & 119) and a 300 (61.5 i think, for locals). I hear that it is legal to recieve Bell ExpressVu (of Canada) if you live in the US. My question is how would I do it, and what equipment do I need, and what channels could I recieve, also will this limit me from recieving my current channels. Thanx ppl, and I wanna keep it legal!

You would need all new equipment, as Dish & ExpressVu are NOT compatible. The dish would work (they use the same)

Technically, receiving it in the US is a grey market. They cannot sell to a US address. thats why we go through program brokers.

Check out some threads in this area for more info :)

Program brokers? Where could I get more info on this and how does it work? Could I buy expressvu equipment on ebay (from some1 in the US) ? If bell knew, would there be hell to pay?

Keep in mind if you are in the Southern states , you will not be able to pick up over half the channels, so Expressvu is not the best choice.

Starchoice should be used in those areas.

Just bought myself the equivalent of a E* 811, known as a 6100 in the great white north.

Tell us your state.

Zillions of southern canadians enjoy the bounty of satellite tv from up north.

I live in southwestern oregon so I am not sure if ExVu is avaliable, is it? I already got my hopes down and started to focus on *C as you can see from my other posts... which would be better for me? btw, i used freeway's (not the brokerage i plan on using) list of elevation and azimuths, and my city was listed and has elevations and azimuths for ExVu, some cities had "--" for the info, am I correct to assume that this means I can receive it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts