Bell Expressvu

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lostinutah

Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
Hello can anyone help me , I have a Bell Expressvu account and I want to get it working in St. George Utah . First will it work here , and if so does anyone know what the co-ordinates are ? .

expressvucoverage4sa.jpg
That map shows ExpressVU's Nimiq 3 footprint.

ExpressVu uses 2 satellites at their main location. One (Nimiq1) covers the whole US. However, the newer satellite (Nimiq 3) does not cover the west, most of Florida, and the deep south. So if you are in California, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, South Texas, etc you will be missing a fair amount of channels)

Salt Lake City, Utah (Nimiq 1/3 91) Regular Single LNB Dish:
Azimuth 149.65
Elevation 38.23

Salt Lake City, Utah (Nimiq 1/3 91) Dish 500 Style Dual Satellite Dish:
Azimuth 144.12
Elevation 36.03

Uplink said:
expressvucoverage4sa.jpg
That map shows ExpressVU's Nimiq 3 footprint.

ExpressVu uses 2 satellites at their main location. One (Nimiq1) covers the whole US. However, the newer satellite (Nimiq 3) does not cover the west, most of Florida, and the deep south. So if you are in California, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, South Texas, etc you will be missing a fair amount of channels)
I guess this map rules me out from being a South Canadian.. the Black line is North of me...by about 30-40 miles...

Starchoice covers the whole USA, even with BEV you would only be missing a few channels.

People down in the South Canadian providence of Mexico have Starchoice!

dfergie said:
So it looks like Starchoice Si and BEV no... :D If I go for South Canadian Citizenship ehh...

It will be tough having to settle for better PQ, fewer substitutions, no extra charge for HD, no cards to hack and no chance of "plug in your telephone line" phone calls.

Not sure how much faith you want to put in the the BEV lines

If you are near the border of the BEV coverage you might be fine. A friend of mine has a BEV setup a few miles from me and gets fine coverage. We live in a part of Eastern Washington which looks to be to the west of the line indicated on the map.

I'm getting a BEV HD setup in the next week and Iexpect to have fine reception. I'll post results.

Tim

One thing I don't understand about that map is the western line. People in British Columbia can't get ExpressVu? That's sure not right.

Only the USA is shown in that map. Canada is completely covered.

You may want Starchoice as I said.

I am about 300 miles south of the areas that seem to get it in FL. With a circular lnb I don't seem to pick up any transponders at all on Nimiq 3. Nimiq 1 seems to have plenty of quality. Kind of irrelevent for me because I sub to E* and I although there are a couple of channels I would like on BEV I can't justify subbing just for those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)