Bell freezing

twosees

Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
My 3100 freezes every once in a while. Called Bell, they went thru the checks with me and said they reprogrammed my card but it still freezes. Their explanation is my receiver is the problem and I need to buy a new one....any other suggestions??

signal is very good 85 on 91 and 81 on 82 always has been but the freezing is new in the last two months.

Bell has been cranking out the ECMs the past few months, much gnashing of teeth at the hax0r sites. I bet that the occasional legit box is vulnerable to the ECMs they are using.

Do they have a warranty plan you can sign up for so they take responsibility for replacing your box?

Bell has been cranking out the ECMs the past few months, much gnashing of teeth at the hax0r sites. I bet that the occasional legit box is vulnerable to the ECMs they are using.
so true :)

Once in a while but this seems like the OP is having issues all the time

Bell says its my receiver and will sell me new one...duh..... also dont understand what OP means???

Possibly a cabling issue? If you watch the signal strength screen (menu 6-1-1), does the signal strength stay constant or does it suddently dip down to 10% and then back up again? I have seen cabling issues cause freezing. Are you able to borrow a friend's receiver for an hour or two (invite them by for coffee?) and confirm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)