Bell harassing phone call.......

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
So my Mom has Bell TV at her house (1 receiver) and also at her cabin (2 receivers). Bell called her today and said she has to make a decision as to which account she would like to keep active. The other one would have to be shut down. Then when she goes to the cabin she would have to call and have them turn it back on out there. The other alternative would be to pay for an extra account and have them both on at the same time. They forced her to make a decision on the spot and ended up shutting down the cabin. I don't see it as a viable option to phone Bell every time you are going to the other location. Ridiculous!
I would call this harassment. Has anyone else experienced this from Bell?

It sounds like Bell is taking cues from "big daddy" Dish Network and harassing folks

I know Dish has a "snowbird" account where you can take all the receivers from one location to another (like when folks legit go south). Dish has both addresses on file and you just call them up and change it. But this is mainly due to the different locals you get depending on location. Bell that wouldnt be necessary

It sounds like they are trying to cut down on account splitters but in tune are pissing off their legit customer base.

I think Bell is trying to recoup the 10 million dollar slap on the wrist they got a week or two ago for using the ole' bait and switch routine for too long.
They will show a price for one of their services (satellite, cell, internet, phone/long distance) or a combination of services for a really good price. So you phone them and they start tacking on all the extra setup fees, connection fees, etc. etc. etc. and the price is nowhere near what they are telling you it is.
Sad but it would have been better for her to tell them she had all receivers under one roof. I do not believe Shaw Direct has such policies. She called Bell back and was told it was a CRTC regulation that forced them to do this...........yes, the CRTC regulation that slapped them in the wrist last week!

She should call Bell and tell them that all the cabin receivers are now at the house full time and have them all turned on.

This is normal, there is a team at Bell who do nothing but call customers with 3 or more receivers on an account and ask for the 'location ID' of each receiver. If that info cannot be given, they have the right to disconnect any that cannot be confirmed.

They are part of the Signal Integrity Group, I believe.

I have 5 receivers on my account and get the call at least once a year, something in the past during a call to a CSR or just one I pissed off, put a 'flag' on my account, so I get more calls than normal.

Even if she calls Bell and says they are all at one location, she will need to have them all hooked up and active to provide the 'location ID'. You can bet, that Bell will call again, and again as it is now proved that she is/was breaking her terms of contract with Bell.

And YES, the normal process, it to call Bell, tell them to activate the receiver at the Cottage, so they can disconnect the ones at Home. Then on the way home, you do the reverse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts