Bell in Arizona with a 1000.2 dishnet dish

keithb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm trying to help out my snowbird uncle who currently has the mentioned dish on his condo. He realizes he can't get the 82 HD sat with bell that far south but he still wants to take his 2 boxes (a dual tuner hdpvr and a single HD box) to receive the programming from sat 91.

The current lnb has the triple 110,119,129 with an additional spot for an extra lnb in. From reading, I understand that the centre 119 lnb is the one to peak the dish and he could point that instead at 91. After that, I'm unsure of what he needs for switches, diplexors, wires etc and if anything gets plugged into the 110 or 129 lnb.

He also wants to get an OTA antennae to receive the PHX locals. Can OTA be plugged into the extra lnb in spot or is that just for another dish? (I currently have a 3 x8 switch with the 13v, 18v and attenae in spot if that helps).

Inside the condo is one line running from the entry point to the living room and one to the bedroom. Does he need to run a second line to the living room for the pvr or will some kind of switch do?

I was thinking if we had to change the dish I would just go with a round 24 with dual lnb and the two lines going to my 3x8 switch and go from there. Still hoping that this dish will work.

Thanks for your patience in reading my long winded post.

The Dish 1000.2 will work fine and actually work a little better

you are correct in regards to how to aim. Put the skew at 90 (so all 3 LNB's are level) and aim with the centre one. The dual tuner PVR he could use a DIsh Network separator so he only needs one line into the house for the DVR. This goes behind the receiver to both tuners. It will only see one satellite but will work fine

Make sure to do check switch with nothing hooked up first to clear everything out thew aim the dish and redo check switch

Sounds easy enough for the DVR.

Is it just a second line from the dish to the bedroom for the 2nd (HD) box?.

Also can an OTA attenae be added to this setup and what would the wiring look like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)