Bell Installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sandman989

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Michigan
I have been trying for two days to get my new Bell system pointed in the right direction. I cannot lock on a signal on 91 or 82 for the life of me. No matter how much I try adjusting the dish it's still at zero. I'm trying to get it setup on satellite 91 transponder 11. I have tried unhooking 82 and connecting directly to 91 without the SW21 multiswitch and still nothing. I am running everything to only one receiver. I think I have the LNB's in the right slots because each slot is labeled on the y-branch connecting to the arm. Does it matter which satellite connects to which port (1 or 2) on the multiswitch? Since they are both dual LNB's, does it matter which port I run my line from on them. If it makes any difference, I am using one Bell LNB and one Dish LNB (that's what KuSat sent me). Can either of those be used for either satellite? All my connections appear to be good and I'm using all new RG6 cable, with the exception of one small piece that I was using elsewhere beforehand. If it helps, I'm at lat 42 long 84 in East Lansing, MI.

What model receiver do you have? A known problem is that some of the 4100 model receivers do not come with the proper software to detect 82W & 91W.

I have tried unhooking 82 and connecting directly to 91 without the SW21 multiswitch and still nothing. I am running everything to only one receiver. I think I have the LNB's in the right slots because each slot is labeled on the y-branch connecting to the arm.

This is the best way to start. 91W will be on the right side of you if you are looking at the dish logo, it will be on the left side of you if you are standing behind the dish. You should run "Check Switch" anytime you change your LNB setup.

Does it matter which satellite connects to which port (1 or 2) on the multiswitch?

It does not matter.

Since they are both dual LNB's, does it matter which port I run my line from on them. If it makes any difference, I am using one Bell LNB and one Dish LNB (that's what KuSat sent me). Can either of those be used for either satellite?

The port does not matter. I would not mix legacy and dish pro lnbs (although it may be ok), so as long as the Dish lnb is legacy you will be fine. It makes no difference which LNB is on which satellite.

I have the 6131 reciever

There should be no reason for you not to be able to find 82W & 91W then.

Go to dishpointer.com and use their settings, it should get you very close. Use the drop down menu and pick "82W & 91W" under Multi-LNB setups and then put in your address and press the Go! button. The dish setup information will be at the bottom of the Google satellite picture.

I was finally able to lock onto 91, but then a new problem arose. After I locked on 91, I hit the "view live tv" button and the receiver went through all of its downloading. When it was finished I could bring the guide up and tune in the preview and info channels. From there, I went back to the point dish screen so I could get 82 dialed in. I selected 82 from the list and naturally it said wrong sat since I was still only hooked to 91. A couple seconds after that, though, I lost my signal altogether. I never touched the dish or any of my connections. I've tried putting the other LNB into the 91 slot, resetting the receiver and unplugging it and I still get nothing. A check switch doesn't help either since I still have the same hookup. I called KuSat and the only thing the guy there thinks could have happened is I somehow messed up the receiver. Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening? Unless I can find someone in the area with Dish and hook my receiver up to there equipment to see if it can even still recognize a singal, I really don't have a way to test this since aside from the no signal, the reciver appears to be running fine.

Nevermind, I've got everything working good now. I don't know what I did but I'm locked on both 91 and 82 so I'm not gonna question it anymore out of fear of jinxing myself.

Thanks everyone. Now that I've got my programming activated, I've got a couple questions about the packages. I wanted to add TSN HD and TSN 2 HD with the pick and pay option. In the email confirmation I wad sent, they said they set me up with Sports 1 for those. Do they not offer the pick and pay option anymore? Also, what all is included in Sports 1 and how much is it a month? I think the the info on Bell's website might be out of date. It still has those options listed for TSN, along with pick and pay for Rogers Sportsnet, and it says Raptors NBA TV is part of HD sports and I am currently not getting that channel. Thanks for helping me get this clarified.

Last edited: