Starchoice Question - Possible to split behind LM-2738-SC

camweb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 14, 2005
ThunderBay.ON.CA
Hello,

I have a Starchoice installation on the roof of my office. At present I have two coax runs going into an HD receiver and an old SD receiver. All is working well but I've decided to add a third receiver (new HD box).

I have a LM-2738-SC on the dish, is it possible to put a splitter in line on one of the lines running into the building, or do I need to run a third line directly from the LNB? I am fairly certain that I'll need to run a third cable from the dish, but I'd rather avoid this if at all possible because it's nearly 60 feet that goes through an air exchanger and a tonne of drop ceiling.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Andrew

camweb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 14, 2005
ThunderBay.ON.CA
Could I use something like this: Zinwell Wide Band WB68 and hook up the two feed running into the building and then output to three? Or would I need all four to output to more than two?

QCK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2008
The WB68 will work fine but you need to have all four lines going to the input side of the switch. Then you will be able to have up to 8 lines out to your receivers. Splitting satellite signals with a regular coax splitter is never a good idea aside from it not working properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts