Bell TV Dish in Chicago

Blac

Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Chicago, IL
I live in the Chicago subburbs and have a Canadian Bell TV 18" dish with a Dish Network Dish Pro Plus DPP Quad LNB. I have 1 coax cable running from the dish to my HD receiver (model 9242 HD PVR). My problem is my signal strength isn't great and it doesnt allow me to pick up some of my favorite channels (ie. TSN4 and SN1 in particular).

So, what suggestions does anyone have? will a different LNB help? a larger dish help?

I also found a longer coax cable weakens the signal.

The channels that do work have signal strength ranging from 50-62% for the most part.

Thanks.

I tried moving the dish and now i can't get the signal back, this is so frustrating. The only SAT i really need is 82W which i believe is Nimiq 4. Dishpointer.com says the elevation is 41.8 but from what I recall, it was more in the higher 40's, closer to 50..

In your first post you say you have an 18" Dish with a DPP Quad LNBF. The 18" Dish was only made for single Sat reception, so if it is indeed an 18" Dish, you will struggle to get good signals. The correct Dish for 2 Sat reception is the 20" (51cm) one, which is the same as the Dish 500.

Try covering the 82 side of the LNBF with Tin Foil. Then peak the signals using 91. If the skew is correct and the mast is vertical, you should have 82 when you remove the foil and run a Check Switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts