Bell TV first in Canada to offer 100 High Definition TV channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder how many of those are PPV or French channels?

Sure they may tote 100 HD channels but how many does the average subscriber get?

I looked at Bell site and I guess having multiple HD feeds of CBC, CTV & Global can make it add up.

funny how the Bell site say
The most HD channels

With over 60 channels, there's always something to watch in HD.

I will take Shaw Direct anyday...

quality vs quantity - Bells over compressed, simsubbed crap is pretty much unwatchable - of course in my opinion.
Satboyz

I wonder how many of those are PPV or French channels?

Sure they may tote 100 HD channels but how many does the average subscriber get?

I looked at Bell site and I guess having multiple HD feeds of CBC, CTV & Global can make it add up.

funny how the Bell site say

Well I can't speak about Shaw cable or the other cable companies either then Roogers cable but here's the count

Rogers Cable 78
Shaw Direct 57
Bell TV 104

Now grant you(not sure about Shaw Direct)on Rogers & BTV not all the HD channels are activatre 24/7/365. Some are seasonal, part time.Some are englisg, some are french.

As to the claim about CBC, CTV, & Global, true they have more then one feed of those nets in HD, but then the same could be said about US providers claiming 100+ HD channels ie Dish & Direct(not sure about cable and the telephone providers) but they to have HD channels of ABC,NBC,etc feeds as well, grant you you can't get more then one fed(as I understand it, some about Simplex or what ever itds called.

Will we ever see the same amount of HD channels in Canada like in the US?(not nets but sppeacialty channels like SCI FI-Space, etc)I dought it, but who really knows.

Will Cable/SD & BTV provide & offer all the HD channels in Canada? I dought it but you never kniw,

TOM :)

I agree

I mean why does Bell need to carry 3 HD feeds each of CBC, CTV, & Global and 2 feeds of SRC? Since CTV & Global just show US shows, that is what the networks are for if you want ot miss a show and need to watch it on the west feed (I guess they want more simsub opportunities)

give me good channels, not crap

As to the claim about CBC, CTV, & Global, true they have more then one feed of those nets in HD, but then the same could be said about US providers claiming 100+ HD channels ie Dish & Direct(not sure about cable and the telephone providers) but they to have HD channels of ABC,NBC,etc feeds as well, grant you you can't get more then one fed(as I understand it, some about Simplex or what ever itds called.

wrong Tom. Dish and Direct cannot count the US networks as HD in their count (or if they do, they can only count them as 4 or 5) as the rules in the US are different than Canada.

Canada EVERYONE gets the nets in HD regardless of location...In the US you can only get your local channels and in some markets none are in HD.

Where they overstate their numbers are the regional sports networks. Most people can get only one or two depending on their locality, but since all of them (50+) are carried by dish and directv, they are included in the count.

So you guys are calling Bell TV liars? :eek: lol

I just wish SD would finish whatever deals they need to do to get the extended Ku and 17Ghz satellites on order. We are going to have very limited HD channel additions for the next 3-4 years it looks like.

I do wish SD offered the ESPNHD/ESPN2HD college game package like Bell TV does though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts