Bell TV in Mass

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pdmuck

Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Mass
Hi. Great Forum. I am a Canadian living in Massachusetts and just brought down my dish and box from our cottage in Canada to see if I could get it to work here. I am a newbie at this. So what we've got so far is limited channels, maybe 15 or so, and the rest give an error, saying the satellite is unavailable. Mostly it is 82 or certain transponders on 91. Have we not fine tuned the position of the dish enough? The original signal strength on the 91 was about 87 or so. Also, after we managed to lock on to 91, the system never went through a setup procedure or anything for 82. Is this normal? Please help, I'm dying to get Canadian sports content in HD!

I live in southern Mass between Boston and Providence and I get every transponder on 82W so you should be OK in that department. What part of Mass are you in? If you do not get every transponder on 91W you might need to peak your dish as all of those come in pretty strong here.

When you go into the signal strength screen are you getting any zero's? I would try running a "check switch" too I found that fixed some issues in the past when I could not get anything on 82W.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I am on the south shore, in Cohasset. Well, it looks like I've got 91W all figured out - I had a connection problem that was making the even numbered transponders disappear but that's all fixed now. But I am still without 82W. I have a 9241 receiver and I have a separate 30" dish for the 82W (the 91W is coming in on a 20") and then the LNB's from the two separate dishes both feed a SW44 switch. So currently I am getting everything from the 91W, but nothing from the 82W. When I go through the Point Dish software from BEV, it just doesn't find it. I *think* I am pointing it correctly at azimuth 196 (true) and elevation of 39.9. If you're familiar with the Bell software, when I go through the Point Dish steps I am specifying Tuner - 2, Transponder - 15 (as I'm told this is an easy one to receive) and Satellite - 82. But I can't seem to find the satellite. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)