Bell TV in West Virginia?

I get 42 elevation and 204 azimuth...real close. If the installer does it (hope he knows what he's doing) give him those numbers.
42 is how the dish "tilts" up or down to the sky
204 is where in the sky to point. 180 is dead south, 90 dead east....204 is SW
You definitely know your stuff when it comes to satellite. Very helpful and informative.

In case you are wondering where I got those coordinates....195.7 Azimuth and 42.4 Elevation, I used this website Satellite Elevation and Azimuth Position Calculator.
Down at the bottom of the page it has a place to input your City and State and it lets you input the satellite you want to connect to (in my case it was Nimiq 1at 91W).

Do I need to remember those coordinates or is that for the satellite installer to worry about? Or after he installs the dish, do I program the Azimuth and Elevation myself?

If my cousin wants to get channels only on 91W, I know it would work on an 18 inch dish. I looked at the footprint map. But what I want to know is if a larger dish would also work, or does it have to be 18 inches? Would a 36 inch dish work, or 24 inch maybe? I know it can't be a smaller dish, but what about a larger dish?

you can use an old 10 foot backyard dish if you want. All you'd do is help when it rains (wont drop out as quick)
As noted the 18" or 20" DIsh 500 will be fine in WV for 91W. The larger dish all you'd gain is when it rains (it wont drop out as much)
If you have access to a 24, 30, 36, 40x30, 48 etc thats fine. But I wouldnt go throw $ on a larger dish when it really wont do any good (unless you want it for 82W)

I get 42 elevation and 204 azimuth...real close. If the installer does it (hope he knows what he's doing) give him those numbers.
42 is how the dish "tilts" up or down to the sky
204 is where in the sky to point. 180 is dead south, 90 dead east....204 is SW

Are you saying my cousin should get 42 Elevation and 204 Azimuth for his dish, or are you saying that is what your Elevation and Azimuth is for you dish? Or is that what you would do if you were in Wheeling, WV?

The lnb you need looks like this

The lnb you need is a single lnb and looks like this ...

Attachments

• Dish Network Single Lnb.jpg
    Dish Network Single Lnb.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 2 Directv LNB Duals.jpg
    2 Directv LNB Duals.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 106
Iceberg, is a 4ft dish the smallest you can use to fit two standard lnbs next to each other and hit both 107.3 & 111.1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)