Bell TV Minneapolis

Habsfan57

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Hi. I'm having some trouble locking on to 82 and 91. I'm inside the footprint for 91 on Nimiq 6 and just outside the footprint for 82 on Nimiq 4. The equipment is good, used just previously by me in Ontario. Line of sight is good. I have tried different lnb's that I know are good. I think I have narrowed this down to dish size. I'm using a Dish 500 which I believe is 20 inches. I have read on this forum that people can receive Bell further outside the footprints using 30 inch dishes.

I have access to a 33 inch dish. I'm located at 44.9 N and 93.2 W. I should at least be getting something on 91 but can't get the receiver, that I know is working, to lock or show signal for either. Will going to the 33 inch dish make a significant difference in signal?

Thanks.

Well I would say there is nothing to loose is there. That is quite a step up in size and don't for get the Dish 500 is a compromised Dish looking at 2 birds, while the 33 is made for single sat reception.

I can hit both 91 and 82 with DirecTV 18" dishes here in Murderapolis area. Dish500 should not be a problem either, as I recall even 82W came in really strong on the Sathero here. 91W is so strong that it is almost impossible to miss. Even with linear universal LNBFs I am always having Bell @ 91W slow my G17 scan because it shows up so hot.

Reactions: pagbuya
I can hit both 91 and 82 with DirecTV 18" dishes here in Murderapolis area. Dish500 should not be a problem either, as I recall even 82W came in really strong on the Sathero here. 91W is so strong that it is almost impossible to miss. Even with linear universal LNBFs I am always having Bell @ 91W slow my G17 scan because it shows up so hot.

Thanks for the feedback. I will give this another shot before going to a larger dish. I figured 91W should be strong but can't lock on it. Knowing the signal is good in the area helps me narrow down what may be wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)