Bell vr. SC in SW FL

Billsfan101

Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Hey Guys,
I just joined, pretty cool site.

I am looking for advice on setting up Bell or SC is SW Florida - Cape Coral 33904.
Can I use my existing Bell Rec. and use a 30" dish ?
Or am I further ahead switching to SC.
Can I Fedex a New Rec/Dish from Canada to FL and am I ready to go ?
Any help would be appreciated.
I have had no luck finding signal with existing Bell equipment in FL.
Thanks,
Billsfan

Stop wasting your time with Bell - 82 is history in Florida and won't be coming back. Go with Star Choice and be done with it...no matter the size of the dish you won't get the siganl any more. Bell dish and equipment is not compatable, need SC receiver and there 75cm dish and LNB unless you have 2 seperate 76cm dishes.

Stop wasting your time with Bell - 82 is history in Florida and won't be coming back. Go with Star Choice and be done with it...no matter the size of the dish you won't get the siganl any more. Bell dish and equipment is not compatable, need SC receiver and there 75cm dish and LNB unless you have 2 seperate 76cm dishes.
Thanks for the help. I kept hearing horror stories with Bell.
I assume I can just program the SC eceiver here in Canada and then send it to FL to hook up ?
Thanks,

If this can help: I just signed up with SC. I ordered the dsr-505 and a 75E dish from KuSat and received them through UPS in 2 days.
I had no idea how to install/point a dish but in as little as a few hours on a sunday afternoon I was all set.
A signal finder helps tremendously....
I activated my receiver about 2 weeks ago.
PM me if you need additional info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)