Bellicheat was a bad bad boy

I love it when people assume "facts" about people they don't even know ... :) I don't care about "what-ifs" or managerial decisions. I saw the game. Wilson would have been out. My baseball bud from Boston was with me watching the game when the ball was hit. He was jumping up in celebration, that is until Buckner booted the ball. I'm sure you Sox fans are tired of hearing about Buckner, but history is what it is.

By the way, here's a list of Sports Biggest Chokes as selected by ESPN's expert panel. See who's number 1? I know, I know ... you know more than ESPN's expert panel ;)
(To be clear, I'm quite sure this was before this year's Superbowl).

ESPN25: BIGGEST CHOKES OF THE LAST 25 YEARS BIGGEST CHOKES
As selected by ESPN25's Expert Panel and ESPN.com SportsNation users

1. Bill Buckner in 1986 World Series 1. Bill Buckner in 1986 World Series 2. Houston Oilers in 1992 NFL playoffs 2. Houston Oilers in 1992 NFL playoffs 3. Greg Norman in 1996 Masters 3. Chris Webber in 1993 NCAA Champ. 4. Jean Van de Velde in 1999 British Open 4. Jean Van de Velde in 1999 British Open 5. Chicago Cubs in 2003 NLCS 5. Chicago Cubs in 2003 NLCS 6. California Angels in 1986 ALCS 6. Greg Norman in 1996 Masters 7. New York Giants in 2002 playoffs 7. New York Giants in 2002 playoffs 8. O'Brien fails to qualify for Olympics 8. T'Blazers in 2000 West. Conf. Finals 9. Miami football blows 31-0 halftime lead 9. California Angels in 1986 ALCS 10. Brown's errant pass in '82 NCAA Champ. 10. O'Brien fails to qualify for Olympics 11. Chris Webber in 1993 NCAA Champ. 11. Minnesota Vikings in 1998 NFC Champ. 12. Roberto Duran "no mas" vs. Sugar Ray 12. Miami football blows 31-0 halftime lead 13. LSU hoops blows 31-pt. lead vs. UK 13. Mike Tyson bites Holyfield's ear 14. Curtis Strange in 1995 Ryder Cup 14. California Angels lose '95 Division title 15. T'Blazers in 2000 West. Conf. Finals 15. LSU hoops blows 31-pt. lead vs. UK 16. Scott Hoch in 1989 Masters 16. Kings in '02 West. Conf. Finals 17. Mike Tyson bites Holyfield's ear 17. Chicago Cubs in 1984 NLCS 18. Kings in '02 West. Conf. Finals 18. Brown's errant pass in '82 NCAA Champ. 19. California Angels lose '95 Division title 19. Roberto Duran "no mas" vs. Sugar Ray 20. Toronto Blue Jays lose '87 Division title 20. Greg Norman in 1986 Masters 21. Sheehan in '90 U.S. Women's Open 21. Curtis Strange in 1995 Ryder Cup 22. Greg Norman in 1986 Masters 22. Toronto Blue Jays lose '87 Division title 23. Vikings in 1998 NFC Championship 23. Scott Hoch in 1989 Masters 24. Chicago Cubs in 1984 NLCS 24. Dan Jansen in 1992 Winter Olympics 25. Dan Jansen in 1992 Winter Olympics 25. Sheehan in '90 U.S. Women's Open

Wow, you think I am a Boston Red Sox fan? I overestimated you!

THAT, highlighted is why they are making a big deal. NOW MORE info has come out an he has to be punished for the new allegations, if proved to be true.

Look, do I think everyone cheats with this spying thing? YES! Should we start taking games/victories away? NO! But I DO think they should make a HUGE example of the New England Patriots and their coaching staff?? YES!
Why? Because it seems that MORE and MORE info comes out almost every month....it's almost getting to the point that the Pats don't give a sh** about rules and they spit in the face of the NFL because ".....rules??!! we don neet no stinking rules.....!!" LMAO!

hmmm interesting. When Bonds was indicted and the Mitchell report came out, you told your students/players that you could understand the players doing it. Didnt blame them.

When Belichick does it, to keep up with everyone else and we know that other teams were doing it (Dallas and KC were at one point according to Jimmy Johnson) you want the guys balls.

So which is it?

I couldn't care less if you are or you aren't. You didn't mention the article though. Did you see Bob Stanley on the list?

YOU said I was a Sox fan, so apparently you could care less. As far as the article, I couldn't care less if Stanley is in it or not. He was just as responsible for the Sox losing that game as anybody. In fact, Marty Barrett himself said that he was to blame for the loss. Do some further reading and you will find plenty of articles that point to someone other than Buckner to blame. IIRC, ESPN did one of their "why you can't blame Buckner for the Sox losing the '86 Series" stories on it.

Then why did ESPN's experts pick Buckner as the number 1 choke? Here's the link to the article: ESPN.com - ESPN 25 - ESPN25: 25 Biggest Chokes

YOU said I was a Sox fan, so apparently you could care less. As far as the article, I couldn't care less if Stanley is in it or not. He was just as responsible for the Sox losing that game as anybody. In fact, Marty Barrett himself said that he was to blame for the loss. Do some further reading and you will find plenty of articles that point to someone other than Buckner to blame. IIRC, ESPN did one of their "why you can't blame Buckner for the Sox losing the '86 Series" stories on it.

How bout this compromise.

The Giants win was one of the greatest upsets in Super Bowl History.

It was greater than the Rams loss to the Pats and is rivaled only by Namaths guarantee.

Can we agree on that or do I have to relive Red Sox tragedies over and over in here?

I'm sorry, I thought you knew....
From your earlier post, it's obvious that you didn't know.

1. Page 105 of the Game Operations manual says: "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." It later says: "All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

2. And, a memo from Ray Anderson, NFL head of football operations, to head coaches and GMs on Sept. 6, 2006 said: "Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

Last edited:
Not really, I often like to see if posters know what they're talking about.

From your earlier post, it's obvious that you didn't know.

1. Page 105 of the Game Operations manual says: "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." It later says: "All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

2. And, a memo from Ray Anderson, NFL head of football operations, to head coaches and GMs on Sept. 6, 2006 said: "Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)